Monday, March 20, 2017

Love and other mushy stuff

My church's current worship series is about the Book of Jonah. The one we just came out of (that i missed 90% of cuz i was being wayward lol) was on Love (and relationships). So i finally decided to give in to this "Love Languages" thing. My results were both predictable yet surprising.

My Scores:
8- Quality Time
8- Words of Affirmation
5- Acts of Service
5- Physical Touch
4- Receiving Gifts

I'm surprised Quality Time was number 1 and definitely surprised that Physical Touch wasn't number 5 lol. TBH, i think Receiving Gifts was so low on the totem pole because I really do have something of a mental block about accepting gifts from people but I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE getting thoughtful notes/gifts/etc from people.

If i could re-order them myself, knowing the full description of each language, i would say they are :
1) Words of Affirmation
2) Receiving Gifts
3) Acts of Service
4) Quality Time
5) Physical Touch

Have you found out what your (and your partner's) love languages are? You really should. It certainly helps put things in perspective.

Anywho, along those lines...I finally saw The Wedding Party. It was...good. Not as good as everyone was making it seem. But definitely shows that Nollywood has come leaps and bounds from yesteryear! There were so many other directions the movie could've gone and so many storylines that could've been flushed out but what can ya do? It definitely was predictable but still managed to keep me laughing (and screaming and sighing).

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you still enjoyed the movie.
    Which part of the storylines you think should have been flushed out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have liked to see more background on why the two families were beefing and more about the ex-girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, they definitely flushed it out enough so you had a sense of what was going on but there could've been some more added to that either for clarity or comedy

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too