Thursday, December 22, 2016

This is 30

It's been a week since i waved a tearful goodbye to my 20s. I'm still trying to adjust. I feel like i became an old woman overnight. I didn't even celebrate it. Which was as much of a surprise to me as it was to everyone else. I mean, if you had asked me 6mos ago what i was doing for the dirty30 (or flirty30 as Toin called it lol), i would've had a laundry list of ideas.

Oh well.

It turned out to be just another Thursday.

Got up, got myself together. Went to work. Ironically, we had our annual town hall meeting so that meant free breakfast:

and a 'holiday' token of appreciation:

I treated myself to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch since it was actually payday too. (what a birthday gift...to wake up to money in your bank account)

When i got back from lunch, i found my cubicle like this:

LOL.

I did make plans to go to the spa that weekend but that didn't come to fruition. I did however get pretty much all my Christmas shopping done that weekend so there's that.

Happy Holidays everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Happy 30th birthday!
    Compliments of the season to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday and Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Happy 30th birthday. I pray this new dimension ushers you into a dispensation of greater glory in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and happy new year.
    You made me smile. You stressing over your 30s what will you do in yo40s & 50s? My distance every year you have health and strength and the ability to be self-sufficient is a blessing. Celebrate each with rejoicing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure i'll probably do for 40 and 50 too lol. But as long as i'm able to see those milestones , and in good health, i won't complain.

      Happy new year to you ma'am!

      Delete
  5. Happy belated 30th birthday. Welcome to the other side...evil laugh. Don't worry about it, 30s are the new 20s (or so they say) just enjoy your life in health, love, joy and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your article! As someone who turned 30 recently, I was afraid of having a nervous, your article puts the fear in perspective. There is pressure to follow a time table of so called achievements like get married, buy a house, have a baby blah blah. As I get older and see more of the world, there seems to be a more flexible, broader scope of life experiences that define us as accomplished adults. It is a relief that there other thirty something's out there following their own path to happiness

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too