Friday, November 20, 2015

All I Ever Wanted

Like a month or so ago, my supervisor told me that i had all this PTO (paid time off) i had to use...and i needed to use it BEFORE Christmas or i'd lose it. And you're typically supposed to give notice of when you wanna take your days off so somebody can cover your shift (an impossible task in my case as I have no co-workers to cover me). No Pressure.

After toiling over it for some time, I randomly decided to pick 3 clusters of days so that i wouldn't have to miss too many days all at once. What with Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and New Years all being within a couple of weeks of each other, it still was quite a challenging task.

The first of these vacay clusters starts today. And i gotta say, this is truly a work of the divine, I have been BEYOND MISERABLE at work for the past like month lol. And now that i reached a serious melting point...i have time off to relax and decompress.

Oshe Baba!

7 comments:

  1. Hello, do hang in there and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. Hope things are well with you :)

      Delete
  2. God loves you! :)
    So, what are the plans for the next 2-3 days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now that the 3 days are done, i will say i did a whole lot of nothing lol. Prepping for Thanksgiving...got my wig done...thats about it.

      Delete
  3. blessings.....
    gotta work those time off sistah, it aids in rejuvernating your spirit. Your life/health is your responsibility, you fall down on work they replace you in a snap, then where you at? For the coming year, sit down and work out some time off, ensure that those time of involves pampering yourself (mini spa, massages, mani/pedi etc). You will that your psychological health will improve and you won't be quite so grumpy and ill tempered, usually that is your body's way of saying, "you are neglecting me."

    Peace,.
    enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that i have a better idea of how the leave is budgeted, i definitely plan to take appropriate advantage of it. My next cluster of days off is for my birthday and i definitely am already thinking of how to focus on me for those few days :)

      Delete
  4. Taking your leave is an absolute must. The brain needs that downtime more than the body.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too