Thursday, July 2, 2015

Locked and Loaded

I went to a gun range the other day. Apparently i'm a pretty good shot. Lets just hope I don't ever have to use my newly found talent lol.

One thing i can say for sure: guns are loud as f***! Oh my gosh. There was another guy already in the range when we got there and he had some ginormous assault rifle. Something straight outta Call of Duty. He let one off and oh my goodness. Everything went silent, then my ears started ringing like you wouldn't believe. Those damn ear plugs didn't do anything! Or maybe they did because i'm sure i would have gone completely deaf if not for them.

Another thing...shell casings go flying every damn where. As i was shooting, my biggest fear became getting hit in the face with one. Several fell into my cleavage...or what would've been cleavage if i hadn't been wearing an appropriate shirt. And one hit my un-covered arm. It was so hot. I'm surprised it didn't leave a burn mark. Even as i was standing what i considered to be a safe distance away, i was still getting hit with spent shell casings.


Conclusion: i don't know how people shoot people (or animals or anything else really). Its loud, chaotic and the kickback/recoil after each shot is crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Never had to hold or shoot one before. I can't imagine the noise though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I watch a gun sequence in an action flick, I wonder why the sound of a fired gun never bother the characters except when it was part of the script.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too