Monday, March 2, 2015

To-may-to, To-mah-to

So, i have a confession. I do not like tomatoes. At All. Im not entirely sure why. I think part of it is because my mom doesn't like tomatoes. It may be a mental thing. My mom is also allergic to shellfish...so i don't eat shellfish, 

In addition to not liking anything tomato related (except like jollof/red sauce. That shit is LIFE!), I am often guilty of secretly leaving the tomato-based ingredients out of recipes i cook/order for other people. 

A week or two ago, whilst hanging out with my peeps (does anyone still say "peeps"?), I was put in charge of ordering the pizza. I ordered 2 pizzas: 1 with bacon and pepperoni (kinda redundant, I know) and 1 with just cheese. I secretly requested that the pizza have "less sauce" because...well, why not? I mean, I DID pay for it afterall. Why shouldn't I have it the way i will most enjoy it?

Once we began chowing down on the pizza, I notice that the plain cheese pizza has like NO SAUCE on it at all. I looked around to see if anyone else had noticed. No one said anything neither did I.

Until yesterday. I let it slip what I had secretly been requesting during my pizza orders and was met with angry faces and a chorus of "i knew that pizza tasted funny/dry".

Now i'm no longer allowed to order the pizza.

#SadFace

9 comments:

  1. lol. Why would you tell on yourself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how i feel about onions! I cook with them but i don't like seeing them in my food *kanye shrug*

    And yea, i still say peeps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, onions too. sheesh, cant stand em.

      Delete
  3. Hehehehe I've always known you to be mischievous.Weldone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, being mischievous is what i do best

      Delete
  4. Don't like tomatoes? I DON'T BELIEVE IT! Like seriously Ngo? But you eat stew and rice right? Do you know how many times I have been asked what I do with so much tomatoes in grocery shops by the cashiers? I say for 'sauce'. A customer thought I was having a birthday party one time sef! Tomatoes solves a lot of cooking worries for me o! I will just make plenty stew and we would use it for several things..rice, yam, bread, eba, iyan...plantain...eggs..mehn! I cannot do without tomatoes o!
    Baddd girL!...ahahha... I so hate pizza without sauce...only cheese ke? BLAH! Hubby mistakenly ordered one like that, it went to the garbage! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lol. I can handle tomato when its mixed thoroughly into stuff. Even as stew, i cant eat it too much.

      I love cheesy bread so sauceless pizza is good for me lol.

      Delete
  5. By red sauce, do you mean stew? lol

    This story was HILARIOUS! And yes, you're the only one who still uses peeps. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too