Thursday, February 19, 2015

Baby Fever

This baby fever phenomenon...I don't just understand it. A lot of the people I know have children already. So, for me, that's reason enough not to fall into the baby fever trap lol. But then its like, for them, baby fever is activated when they see a newborn/infant. Bruh. The only time that baby fever bull hits me is when I see a well behaved, adorable looking toddler. Not a 5 month old or a 5 year old. My ideal child is a potty trained 2 1/2 year old with some common sense beyond their young age. Despite my rapid aging, there is still nothing (well, not much at least) appealing to me about changing diapers, and spit up, and lugging around cumbersome strollers and diaper bags. I don't even feel comfortable watching someone else hold a small baby, let alone doing it myself. But every now and then when I see a cutesy-wootsey little kid, the vapors take over and I think, aww I want one. The thought usually only lasts a few seconds before the rational part of my brain says, Jen, abeg- get your life!

I shoulda been a dude.

I hope whomever I marry is cool with adoption.

Sidenote: So are we all up to speed on those leaked untouched photos of Beyoncé? (wow, my computer auto-corrected my spelling of Beyoncé and put the little accent over the second e. That is crazy). As a rational and sane person, of course I already assumed that photo-ready Bey and real life Bey didn't look 100% alike but I guess this was a wake up call to some of the more gullible viewing public out there. Personally, the only thing I got from the photos is that, as I've always believed, she probably is a touch older than what she says she is. Bey claims she was born in '81. My older sister was born in '82. I remember when Destiny's Child first came out and believe me, she did not look like she was the same age as my sister! Not by a long shot. (Please shield me from any members of the BeyHive for saying so. I mean no offense! lol)

10 comments:

  1. LOL You're not serious! You're lucky i didn't get to the US in time to knock you up! *looks around for the wife* Hehehehe I feel you a tiny little bit tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMH, you and your comments just looking for trouble lol. Im not even talking to you again. All this while I was Aunty Ngozi and didn't even know til like a month or 2 ago. mscheew

      Delete
  2. Baby fever might just catch up to you sometime -and you will offer no resistance, wink*
    How you doing, having a great year so far I hope...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say that! LOL. Let me live in denial o! My year is off to a decent start. I hope your new year is going swimmingly as well.

      Delete
  3. I was just gonna post something about baby fever!! I know EXACTLY how you feel, girl. I'm quickly coming up on my uterus deadline and everyone around me has babies as well, but even though I'm starting to get little hints of baby fever, I still can't come to terms with actually growing a baby inside me, let alone raising one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I can't even begin to fathom actually being someone's mother, pregnancy, child birth, and child rearing inclusive.

      Delete
  4. Lady Ngo, if it was before, I will have started preaching to you the joy and essence of motherhood and the purpose of woman on earth and blah..blah..blah..but now, I simply applaud women who acknowledge the truth about themselves. Simply do you. I laughed at potty-trained 2 1/2 toddler with above common sense....some 3 years are fully NOT potty trained! My 13months baby plays with his new potty that I have to hide it. Winter did not allow me teach him the way I wanted, it means I have to wait until summer and holiday time so my older kids can help me with the cleaning and moping when accidental discharge happens...ahahhaa.

    When I saw Beyonce pic, I thought it was the usual computer aging thing to show what she will look like in future as she grows older....but reading further, I had to continue comparing the touched and untouched pics and I believe they are not the same person! But who knows? Photo-shop has stereotyped women looks that we don't know what is real or not again o jare.
    Nitty.
    www.thenitty-gritty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See that? Unpotty trained 3 year olds is partof the reason im not interested lol.

      Yes o. Photoshop and airbrushing, cosmetic surgery, crazy makeup transformations...its no wonder ppl have ridiculously unrealistic beauty standards.

      Delete
  5. Babies... the only things I want and don't want all at once all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too