Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Grandma

So, yesterday was my Grandma's birthday. I got her a card...which is still sitting on my end table waiting to be mailed. *hides face*

So instead, i decided to give her a call (partially because my mother told me to, partially because i felt bad that said card has been sitting on my end table for like a week).

Why did i get a busy signal?!?

In this day and age, who doesn't have call waiting? My Grandma, apparently lol.

But i don't know why i'm surprised. This is a woman who refuses to get a cell phone and only has a DVD player and a Microwave because they were forced upon her as gifts. I can't front though, lots of stuff tastes amazing heated up in a toaster oven as opposed to a microwave.

Granted, it's been ages since the last time i've been to my Grandma's house, but i bet dollars to donuts* that she probably still has those two rotary phones from the 70s. I'd be QUITE SHOCKED if she even has an answering machine.

Sigh, I love my Grandma!


*i have no idea what dollars to donuts means. I just know how to use it in a sentence.

3 comments:

  1. Your grandma is old school.Old school is the real school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loool she sounds like the real deal.

    I'm going to use dollars to donuts soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too