Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Day

If you live in, know somebody who lives in, or have been watching any American (probably international too) news, then you would know that the southeastern states have been living rough this past few days. One city of particular interest was Atlanta. Where people literally abandoned their cars on the sides of the road/highways because for some, getting home took well over 24 hours. I have a friend who said they left work at like 6pm. By 8pm they had made barely made it a 1/4 mile down the road. No joke. It was bad up there man. Damn near 1000 accidents and at least one fatality (so i read).

I, however have been cozy in my home (with some slight panic as there were a couple of people i was unable to reach for some hours- but we're all good now) since monday evening. They canceled classes on tuesday as a precaution because we didn't know what we were going to be dealing with. LOL. It didn't even start snowing until the evening hours so we basically got a free day for nothing. I'm not complaining.

Wednesday, classes were canceled as well as there was a good 3 inches or so of snow on the ground. Which to plenty, myself included, doesn't seem like much. But for people living in a state that rare if ever sees snow- its a pretty big deal.

Supposedly they are re-opening school tomorrow (Thursday). If that is the case, i gotta say they may not be seeing me. Its supposed to be below freezing tonight, which means by morning all the roads will be covered in ice. They do not pay me nearly enough to risk my life trying to get to work to do ish that i could just as easily accomplished from the safety of my home. You should see our school's fb page. Everybody is bitchin lol. The local public schools (and some businesses) are closed for the day. Even some of the other colleges are closed, or delaying their opening. Hopefully we will follow suit. Anywho, i'm off to go perfect my i'm too sick to come in to work today cough, just in case ;)
SNOW!!!

First time i've come outside and seen my car looking like this in almost 10 years lol

It was just dumb luck that i actually still had one of these in my car lol

Sidenote: please pray that all this snow business will not delay my paycheck...cuz that would be no bueno. Also if you wouldn't mind throwing a word in there too for me just in case i do end up having to drive to work. Please and thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Snow! It looks so dreamy, especially in that first pic. I have only ever experienced snow once and my poor African behind froze in a manner I never believed possible. I would also call in sick lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so over snow. 20 years of it will do that to you lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. Stay safe missy and wrap warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed warm and toasty in my house the entire time. And now, not even a week later it is 60 degrees outside lol

      Delete
  3. LOL Hope the pay check didn't get delayed ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately it wasn't. but i was prepared to raise a lot of hell if it had been lol

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too