Monday, October 21, 2013

Transitioning

It has been exactly 4 months since the last time i got a relaxer. I am not entirely sure what i'm doing exactly. It wasn't something i planned. In all honesty, i only stopped getting relaxers because that was a good $70 i couldn't afford to part with every 6 weeks anymore. Unemployment tinz. And now that i am employed and with a whole new slew of bills that i didn't have before (well that i haven't had in a while i guess i should say) in addition to being 6 hours away from my regular beautician...i can't bring myself to part with it again either.

So what have i been doing in the meantime? Floating up shit creek without a paddle lol. Instead of getting a relaxer every 6 weeks, i've been getting a blowout every 4-6 weeks. Only slightly less *potentially* harmful than a relaxer but a step in the right direction i guess.

What is my plan for the future? I really don't know. I wish i could just fall asleep and wake up the next morning with a head full of healthy natural hair thats the same length as the hair on my head now. This whole transitioning crap is for the birds. I don't even know if i really plan on sticking with it. I cannot deny the joy i get flipping my hair at people lol. And i have not the foggiest idea what i look like with a head full of 4c hair. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. If you still want to relax stretch your relaxers to 12 weeks and above and consider scheduling your touch ups with trips home that way you can still go to your stylist for your touch ups in the meantime consider braids, weaves etc coz blow outs will thin your hair due to too much heat which will eventually lead to breakage.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too