Monday, August 26, 2013

My level don change

Hola ladies and gents. I have a confession. Don’t take it personal. I say I have a confession so you got to listen! I have been keeping some secrets. But I think now is as good a time as any to let them out. To you guys at least.
I have recently relocated from sunny Florida to almost as sunny Georgia.

Why?

Most people assumed it was because I was getting married or something. I swear, why is it that anything a sexy young woman like myself does must be motivated by or related to something to do with men/marriage? For goodness sake, I would think people knew me better by now.

But I digress. After 363 days of technically being unemployed, I finally landed a professional full-time job in my field doing exactly what I wanted to do when I started my Master’s program (ok, maybe not EXACTLY, but like 90% which is close enough considering this is my first step in the door). It all happened very fast. They called to ask me to drive up for an interview. I did the interview and kicked ass if I do say so myself. The next day I did a follow up with the VP and like 2 days later they made me an offer.  2 weeks later, I had packed my crap, loaded up my car and waved goodbye to my parent’s home and drove off into the sunset to start (or re-start) my adult life. And now here I am. Being a grown up again.

The funny thing about this is just how secretive I’ve been about it. I literally told maybe 5 or 6 people (not including my immediate family). There are still plenty of people, even those close to me, that probably have no idea I’m not in Florida anymore. Such is life though.

Other than that...what else is different? Hmm. Ah yes, i cut my hair. And apparently i've gone from a mermaid to an Egyptian lol. I don't know about the mermaid part, but i can def see how i look like an ancient Egyptian now. The cut is so blunt and for some reason my hair looks extra dark lately.

Also, i have turned into one of those people who takes their shoes off at their desk. I don't know how or why but that is who I am now lol.

So that’s whats been going on with me recently. How have all of you people been?

18 comments:

  1. Awwww Congrats!!

    I take off my shoes at my desk also...its not a bad thing I guess lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job and the move. I hope it all goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations!!!

    You cut your hair when i'm looking for hair??? *now calming down* Okay, could you show us a picture pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't cut it on purpose o! Believe me! Its not short short, just like two inches or so shorter. The beautician said she was gonna trim the ends and the next thing you know...

      Delete
  4. congrats my sister! just remember to show us some good financial loving when the monies start coming in.(>_<) my shoes are off as I type this though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job!!!!! Show us your hair! Errrrr...my shoes are off right now, underneath my desk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new job.

    I support the 'motion' moved by toinlicious that you should show us a picture of this sexy young woman.

    I also second the motion of Priscy that you show us some good financial loving when the monies start coming in. In this regard, I won't mind a Bugatti, a Bentley, Lamborghini, etc as a gift coming from you to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New job...congrats! Hope you enjoy Georgia. You may find it to your taste as they keep it real down there. Have fun and enjoy your new job.

    Adura (naijalines) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the support ladies and gents :)

    Seems to be a recurring theme here that everyone is slipping off their shoes. I don't feel bad now lol.

    As for financial kick-backs...yeah. I'm just a lowly employee of the state, the money is not gonna be rolling in like that for you people to expect to wake up in a new Bugatti lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new job and the move. May grown up life continue to treat you good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahhahah!!! Bush woman taking off her shoes at the desk..lol
    Congrats on the new job, I can only imagine how exciting it must have been for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (<_<). You know being called Bush and Razz happens so infrequently, i'll just revel in the moment lol

      Delete
  11. That was some secret keeping girl!! and i used to think you were an open book on this blog.

    Nevertheless a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! I pray your new life in Georgia is exciting and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!

      Well you know what they say, don't count your chickens til they are hatched. So i decided to keep the gist to myself until i KNEW i had the job and the move was made :)

      Otherwise, i am a halfway open book. There are some pages that require a passcode though lol.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too