Friday, June 21, 2013

Your Good Love Deserves An Encore

Man this song came on the radio while i was driving home from the salon yesterday...



And man was i jamming. Had my whole car shaking. People in the cars around me were looking at me all  crazy. I don't give a damn. This is my joint. I keep telling folks, i was born in the wrong decade. I love 70s and 80s music too much.

I suppose its worth mentioning that yesterday was the first time i got a relaxer in like 6 months. I truly pity any stylist that has to deal with me and my hair shenanigans. Its bad enough that i don't take care of my hair. Then it has the nerve to be thick as hayle. AND have like a quadruple 4c curl pattern lol. I've never been to a salon when they didn't comment on how damn thick and nappy curly my hair is lol. And i'm sure it doesn't help that i have big ass head too which just means even more hair to work with lol. Having to deal with people like me is why i'll never even entertain the idea of being a beautician.

I feel even worse because i only paid $35. But...as they saying goes, you get what you pay for. That $35 only covered the relaxer, washing it out, and drying it. No style, no wrap, no nada. All that would've been extra. I'm so cheap lol.

Happy Friday...Happy 1st Day of Summer...Happy Belated Juneteenth...Enjoy you weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Nappy haired gurl! You'd have fitted perfectly into the 70s or 80.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..your hair sounds like mine. I've since given up on relaxing my hair although I'm not natural, yet lol. I've been relaxing only my weave leave-out for the past year, and now I'm bored with that so I am rocking the box braids and loving the compliments lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessings.....
    gurl this song is pure old school, haven't heard it in a while, thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    Perm huh, well then more power to yah, enjoy, though I must caution now that you have taken your hair from its strongest form to its weakest you will have to exercise some care or it will disappear on you.

    Have a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, had to play this. good memories!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Plan to retouch my hair after 7 months now i think. not looking forward to it. Thought i was gonna gradually try the natural hair route but mba!! Another time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too