- Atlanta really is like the mecca of the black LGBTQ population. I literally couldn't go two steps without bumping into someone Gay or Transgender. Its kinda cool actually that at least there is a place where if you identify with that lifestyle you pretty much considered the norm rather than ostracized. But i can't lie. As accepting as i am, there will never be a time where i won't be hit with that initial wave of shock/confusion when i see a big burly dude come walking down the street in capri pants, a baby tee and shimmery lip gloss. *kanye shrug*
- All Walmarts suck. Sometimes its the actual store itself. Sometimes its the patrons. During this particular trip to walmart, i found myself in the 20 items or less lane behind a woman with $400 worth of food and another woman who didn't have any money and spent 15 minutes trying to find a combination of cash+credit that would cover her bill. SMH. All i wanted was some juice, lotion, a brush and a lint roller.
- I am a complete lightweight and i either need to stop drinking altogether or i need to start drinking more often. There's no reason why 1 Bahama Mama, 1 Tom Collins and a swig of Budweiser had me so far off my ass. Thank goodness for designated drivers.
- Mazzy's on Alpharetta Hwy has THE best chicken tenders i've ever eaten in my entire life. Their drinks are kinda gross but are totally effective, hence life lesson #3 lol.
- People will try to sell you anything. While i was waiting on my bus, this man swaggered over to me with a honeybun in his hand and said to me "this honeybun looks good as hell dont it?!? 75 cents." After giving him the side eye and tellin him i was good, he then pulled out a home pregnancy test and tried to sell me that. (o_0)
Monday, May 13, 2013
Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover
In the 2nd edition of life lessons learned in Atlanta i bring to you the following: