Monday, April 22, 2013

What a great weekend it has been

I hope you all had as fabulous a weekend as i did.

Friday i went out and got my hair done for saturday. I went to my fav Dominican salon and instead of getting a relaxer, i got a blowout. I don't know how many (if any) of you ladies have ever gotten a Dominican blowout before but good lord. It is enough to make you wanna lay down your sword and shield, down by the riverside... cuz if hell is even half as horrific as the heat that woman applied to my poor scalp/hair, that'd be reason enough to turn your life over to a higher authority!

My hair was laid though lol.


Saturday i made the long ass drive to Gainesville for my dear friends, Shan and Tony's wedding. (I wrote about them before here). I could kick myself for not getting my ducks in a row sooner so i could have made it to the traditional wedding on friday but it is what it is. The white wedding was fabulous and the reception...woosh. Seriously, best wedding i've been too in forever. (No offense to the bajillion of other weddings i've been to recently lol). And it was seriously like a college reunion. So many people i haven't seen in YEARS. And when i tell you...we boogied until we just couldn't boogie no more lol. Which leads me to sunday...


I spent the ENTIRE DAY in my bed. Even as i type, my back, my shoulders, my thighs...all sore as hell. Not to mention that my blowout is just completely ruined. Clearly i'm gettin too old to boogie down like that lol. I actually slept from like 3am til like 1pm. In that time, I woke up once for like an hour and then turned back over and went back to sleep lol. hotmess.com

But at the end of the day, i had a marvelous time with marvelous people and have already been pestering the engaged ppl at the wedding when we were coming to chop jollof at their own lol.

Sidenote: My friend's date pulled me to the side at the end of the night and was like how i have such a wonderful spirit and he understands why people are so drawn to me and why i have such good people in my life. I would say aaaawww, but i think he was stupid-drunk lol. But they say a drunk man speaks a sober mind.

6 comments:

  1. Two people who always tell the truth one a drunk and two a child especially those under five

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh...i don't know that children always tell the truth lol. They definitely don't hold their tongue though.

      Delete
  2. I love love love weddings!! Happy you had a good time. And I agree with anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with weddings. Once i go to one, i wish the party didn't have to end...or that someone else would hurry up and get married so we can do it all over again lol. But the lead-up is always a pain in the butt. What to wear, how to do my hair, who's gonna be there, are they any sexy bachelors to flirt with...

      Delete
  3. Hahhahaahhah! I've heard stories of Dominican blowouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They leave your hair all soft and bouncy flouncy but the heat is almost not worth it.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too