Monday, April 1, 2013

Money or Love

Hola folks. Its been a million years it seems since last i got a blog award but here it is, courtesy of Gretel (Premonitions of the Past):


She only asked 1 question: money or love?

Me o, i have questions about this question. Is it that i can only have money or love for the rest of my life? Or is it which one i get first? Either way, i'm fairly certain my answer will be money. Or love from someone who has lots of money and does not mind sharing with me. Love will not put clothes on my back, food in my tummy, roof over my head, get the loan people off my back or any of those other things. So yes, money must be in the equation somehow.

Whats love anyway? Tina Turner said it's nothing but a second hand emotion. So maybe i don't need it. I think i can live with friendship, respect and some exclusive kisses, cuddles, and other stuff. *please note the exclusive i put there. the kisses, cuddles,  and other things can't be shared with anyone but me. non negotiable.*

My dear readers, you should know by now i don't follow rules. So there will be no asking of 50-eleven questions and nominating and all (as i'm sure i've done this award thing the proper way before anyhow). I'm just going to extend the question on to you:

Money or Love...and why?

12 comments:

  1. Congrats.

    Yes money first. With money you can 'buy' love.

    Please expantiate on and "other stuff', and "other things" as i don't seem to get it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're trying to get me in trouble here. You know what other things are na. You be married man abi

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. hard headed! lol, you are supposed to pick one or the other

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL! you guys are just stubborn. We all want them both

      Delete
  4. Love....with a side of TONS OF MONEY! What's one without the other, anyhow? You'd be surprised how quickly love can turn to hate especially when you are both pinching pennies till the pennies scream. Love does not conquer hunger. Finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it wouldn't surprise me at all, though i wouldn't say it turns to hate but definitely resentment.

      Delete
  5. Money (be it mine or his or our pockets combined)..... because poverty and hardship can extinguish love's flame a little too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok,since I can't have both for the purpose of this question,.....I will choose Money! Why?
    Same reasons as you gave Ngo, and love would jump out of the window when there is no money to meet the basic needs and wants and anger and frustration would set in, hence you would see a husband turn the wife to punching bag and the wife struggling daily to meet the needs of the family.....and the struggle continues...having multiple effects.#reality#
    And there is an adage that says, when there is money in the pocket, the mouth is confident. And money talks in our society! Q.E.D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When money comot, story go change <-- words to live by!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too