Wednesday, March 27, 2013

When Will People Learn?

There are 2 very specific rules I have about winning the lottery. Very specific and very important rules.

1. Whether you win $100 or $100000000, keep ya gah damn mouth shut about it. Jeez. How difficult is that? I told my mama, look here, if i win the lotto, i'm not tellin a soul. Not you, not my daddy, not my siblings, not my bestie, not the wonderful people of blogsville. Nobody. The only people that will know i won are me, Jesus, and the people in the lottery office that cut my check! Of course i'm gonna break some of my loved ones off with some cash (considering i win a large amount of money) but you better take that "anonymous" donation and my discreet head nod and shut your dirty mouth too! How many people need to be murdered or taken advantage of before folks realize that the love of money truly is the root of all evil? Family and friends can and will turn on you just as quick, if not quicker than a damn stranger. (See: Abraham Shakespeare and Urooj Khan)

2. Don't go balls to the wall buying a whole bunch of extravagant unnecessary nonsense! Yes, $1mil seems like a lot of money...but money doesn't last if you're out there spending it (or giving it away or burning it or whatever folks do that leaves them broke in the long run) I know if you were broke your entire life, the idea of being able to live lavish is probably ridiculously appealing (especially if you have no knowledge of money management and fiscal responsibility). Likewise, being in a position to help your broke friends and others in need may make you extra charitable. But yo, if you're gonna do all that, the least you can do is take care of home first! And taking care of home does not mean buying a mansion to rival buckingham palace or buying a different car for everyday of the week...especially when you have children, bills, and debt. (See: Sharon Tirabassi)

Long story short- if you win the lotto, please be smart, please stay safe, and please break Lady Ngo off a couple of dollars.

Good Day!

10 comments:

  1. The one of being killed is quite shocking, as for those that blow it off, they're on a long thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile, i was reading a story the other day about this guy that won like 20 million and his brother put a hit out on him, half his exes sued him for this or that, "friends" and fam had their hand out, all kinds of craziness. Statistically they say that most people who win big in the lotto end up bankrupt shortly thereafter. Not i, though, i assure you lol.

      Delete
  2. *taking notes* Scary stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would tell the Blogosphere, because nobody I know reads my blog. And I have it that way on purpose! LOL.

    But I probably wouldn't tell my moms and family until maybe three months in once I get everything worked out. I don't trust attorneys so that would be a tough one for me. Why do you need an attorney to cash in your money? Now if you need a family attorney to put things in place for beneficiaries then that's another matter entirely.

    Some states REQUIRE that you go public and get the BIG CHECK in order to win the prize so you have no choice with that. Dude that won all that Powerball money is happy and he clearly can't control himself. People giving him a hard time because he went around announcing it like he did. People are saying he will go broke. Passaic, NJ is a poor area and I'm sure he wasn't balling with the little bodega that he had. He will have some ups and downs with people trying to get at his cash. I hope he can truly enjoy it without people begging him for this and that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In sunny florida you can claim the prize anonymously. In those other states, i hope they've at least added some kinda clause to keep from being involved in wrongful death suits cuz i know if someone made an attempt on my life because i hit the number i'd be suing the lotto commission left right and sideways for not letting me claim anonymously lol.

      Delete
    2. ok, i just checked and you can't stay completely anonymous but you don't have to take the pic with the big check and all that. There's a couple of places that they don't release your info tho.

      Delete
    3. Ok! So only a few states but I think they do the pomp and circumstance for marketing and to sell more tickets. It's all about the money honey.

      Delete
  4. I will do same If I Won....but would the media not help me announce it to the whole world? All in the name of advetising the comapnay and attracting more people to play the lotto?....IF they don't, I would be the happiest person in the world, and retrieve to my corner to plan how to spend it, because money is like a visitor that comes and go...or like a bird that would shake it's wings and fly off to visit another place.
    There is a saying in my language....when your roasted yam is getting done, cover it with sand so that people would not see it and want to either snatch it from you or share it with you un-invited!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too