Friday, December 21, 2012

Long Time No See

Hi-hi guys. Long time no see. Thanks to those who looked around and realized they hadn't seen/heard from me and decided to reach out lol. You all haven't missed much in my life, which is probably why it was so easy not to write for a while.

The holidays are always a weird time for me. Growing up, we always did holidays big. The whole family got together for dinner and laughs and what have you. We'd alternate between going to my Aunt Cathy's house for Thanksgiving and my Aunt Jean's for Christmas (and vice versa). We'd also have something at our house with my mom's side too. Even though we've been in Florida for 7 holiday seasons now, i'm still not used to not having holiday celebrations with the fam. This year is extra sucky because my sister and her fam aren't coming down to spend Christmas with us. *Sad face*

So lets see, what's been happening? I spent Thanksgiving with my grandparents on the other side of the state. Went to Atlanta for a lil while (for like the 3rd time in the past 6 months.) Then i went to my Soror's wedding in South Florida on my bday and came back with over 50 bug bites on my legs and feet. I pray they are mosquito bites and not anything crazy like bed bug bites or something. I got that sweet blood. Bugs just love me. The wedding was on the beach so im just going to go out on a limb and say that's where the bug bites came from. I also came back sleep deprived because the people in the hotel room next door to me were have tons and tons of sex all weekend and putting on a damn performance. It couldn't possibly have been that great considering each go round only lasted a few minutes. But what do i know. Not to mention all the drama...apparently whomever the young man was banging was not his wife/girlfriend as evidenced by the very angry phone conversations that were had in the middle of the night.

Sidenote: a special thank you to the person who hit me up at 4:54am to wish me happy birthday and then after waking me up told me i should go back to sleep. (-_-) lol, much appreciated my friend.

with the beautiful bride


fly mamacitas
after getting lost on the way to the reception lol

Wishing you all a happy and festive holiday season and blessed and prosperous new year.

18 comments:

  1. You wore black to a wedding on the beach. I don't know what that means in fashion...I'll ask Fashion Police.

    Maybe my eyes OR the black dress but you've been careless & misplaced few pounds. I checked your previous uploaded pix...someone is going on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know the wedding was on the beach until my feet touched the sand.

      Definitely not on any diet. And whatever little weight that i've lossed been between this and the last time i posted a photo of myself is not that significant or on purpose.

      Delete
  2. Missed you. Was thinking you went to naija. Great pictures. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if I went to Naija, even GEJ would know.

      Wishing you a fab Christmas too

      Delete
  3. welcome back. sound like you had a great time away. happy holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back and sorry for the bug bites..

    Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to a sound investment in some calamine lotion, i'm as good as new lol. Happy Holidays to u too hun

      Delete
  5. Did I miss your birthday? Or am I finally old?
    Merry christmas dear :)
    I didn't miss you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Ng! Happy holidays...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madam! Hope you and the fam had a fab holiday :)

      Delete
  7. It couldn't possibly have been that great considering each go round only lasted a few minutes

    Hilarious. Guaranteed to receive a fair share of laughter on your blogs.

    Happy New Year to you. Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Lady!! trust you to stay in the room with the most bang lol. Sneaky nookie? more lols.

    I got that sweet blood. yup you do :) thats why we love you too (not vamping).

    Those white sands?!! Now praying very hard that my abstract is accepted for a conference in Florida come April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beaches in sunny florida are fab. I am partial to Clearwater and Siesta Key myself.

      Happy New Year to u my dear and best of luck with the abstract. See u in florida ;)

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too