But this has been a landmark election night in a lot of ways that have nada to do with the presidency.
- Maryland and Maine have voted to legalize same sex marriage (Washington and Minnesota are voting as well and its pretty much 50/50 at this point- we'll have to wait and see what happens)
- Colorado has voted to legalize the recreational use of marijuana for adults 21+ with regulations on growers and sellers. Interesante!
- Florida has continued their fuckery and inability to conduct an election properly. Around 1am poll workers said screw this and left, leaving almost 200,000 ballots uncounted, over 2000 ballots were thrown out because they weren't signed, and by midnight (AFTER the election had already been called) people were still in line waiting to vote (which i respect).
- Oklahoma (also on some bullshigiddy) has gotten rid of affirmative action. *insert eye roll* I wonder how my grandma voted on that one. I should call and ask lol.
- The 1st openly lesbian woman, disabled woman, and asian-american woman have been elected to Congress.
- Puerto Rico is here again with their nonsense. This is like the 4th or 5th time that they are deciding whether or not they wanna be our 51st state. Every other time its been like 49/51 type split. Wonder what its gonna be this time around.
On another note-
- Mr. Romney's speech was a crock but hey, this man just lost the presidency. I don't blame him. I'd be mad/sad as $#!+ too.
- Obama's speech on the other hand was worth waiting for. That is one smooooooooooooooooooth brother!
I'm trying to find me one.
- Of course Michelle's outfit was fab and her hair was laid. That lady is awesome.
- Obama's camp was singing and swaying to Lets Stay Together. I swear some of those people were singing like it was a praise and worship session and others had absolutely no rhythm. Funny sight to see.
- Shephard Smith had me in stitches all night man. He's too much. A.B. Stoddard on the other hand was just tap-dancing on my nerves all evening.
Anywho its 2am and everyone is finally done speaking, for tonight at least. Congrats to Barry-O and Uncle Joe on 4 more years. Prayers for some actual bipartisanship so we can move the country forward (i'm looking at you Congress/Republicans!)