Tuesday, October 30, 2012

These People Have Come Again


In the span of about 24 hours i've gotten wind of 3 engagements and 1 wedding invitation. When the hell did my life become about this? I'm lying, my life has been a nonstop barrage of engagements, weddings, babies, home buying, etc for the past 3-4 years (not to talk of all the people who started making babies immediately after high school). Everyone is "growing up" which is just sooo not cool.

In addition to these wonderful announcements i've also been part of a number of "you're getting older, when are you going to settle down, etc" conversations. And i let my mother know that i ran off and got married last week (lol...long story that i'll share at a later date) which only led to even more conversations about the settling down business. This type of stuff always comes in abundance, i don't know why.

Anywho, this latest wedding is taking place on my birthday. I don't know how i feel about that. This is the first time in like 5 years that my bday is on the weekend (and the last time it was on the weekend i spent my 21st bday celebrating someone else's graduation) and i'm gonna spend it at somebody's wedding?!? My mom says to look at the bright side, i have a free party to go to for my birthday and i don't even have to do the organizing lol. Whatever Mom. Guess i need to start working on finding myself a date.


15 comments:

  1. Don't mind all of them smothering-pressure people. Seems everyone around me is either getting married or popping babies too #shrug

    So er, did i just read: And i let my mother know that i ran off and got married last week *scrubs eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was just gona ask that too Toin @ "And i let my mother know that I ran off and got married last week" *shines eyes for an interesting read soon* lol

      Delete
    2. Well then i hope i dont disappoint you ladies...i don't think the story is THAT interesting lol

      Delete
    3. If the pressure is too much, biko come and marry me!!!
      Toinlicious is nearer though.

      As for doing things during your birthday, look on the bright side. Someone else pays for all the food for your birthday. haven't you heard of stealing the show?
      Please who married you sharp sharp like that? Can I have his/her number? The priest/whatever not the husband.

      Hello:)

      Delete
    4. Well if Toin is my competition, i think i'll just bow out in defeat now. I can't steal the shine on someone's wedding day, i enjoy living too much lol. Getting married at a fraction of the time and cost is as simple as going to the courthouse. No need for reserving fancy venues and feeding people. Just need your license, a justice of the peace, rings and witnesses. ;)

      Delete
  2. Quit complaining joo. See free party and free avenue for husband hunting. It might just be your day!!

    ok. scratch that. 'You are Awesome' just the way you are. As for this endless parade of weddings and anniversaries and kiddies parties, I am going to host my singles anniversary day ala Carrie in SATC lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt highly that there will be successful husband shopping at this particular wedding but i'll give it a shot lol.

      More people need to host singles awareness parties. How else are we gonna find the other single people??? lol

      Delete
  3. How come this feels like the story of my life? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in on my pain Dayor! We have snacks and drinks over here lol

      Delete
  4. I told you, you could always become the 3rd wife of an Alhaji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the 3 or 4 suggestions you offered up, that one was at the bottom of the list. In fact it was on the other side of the page.

      Delete
  5. Ha. I dread those kinds of conversations myself (in the future), seeing as I don't intend to get married anytime soon. The thing dey fear me, no be small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even care anymore lol. It just tickles me how much more invested in my love life everyone else seems to be than i am. I wonder what that says about me. hmmm...

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too