Friday, September 7, 2012

Sometimes writing is enough

I think i've hit a wall with this blogging thing. If you could see how many posts i've written and not posted. eh. Its crazy. There's at least 30 or so unpublished posts now...and that's after deleting a double digit number of them. Granted, some of them have been chilling in the drafts for months, a lot of them are just from this summer.

The wall i've hit is not even with writing. I have tons and tons and tons of stuff i could be writing about. Its literally with wanting to share. I have all these things i want to jot down. But once it gets time to hit the publish button, i just say screw it. Some things have just been silly things (you know me and my foolishness by now), some have been serious things, and a lot has been personal.

Oh man, that personal stuff. Ay dio! It has been a tumultuous summer. Scratch that, its been a tumultuous life! All kinds of things that i've kept buried for days weeks months years have been bubbling to the surface lately. All sorts of repressed memories, drama, trauma, nonsense, etc just popping up out of nowhere. Probably has something to do with the fact that i've pretty much not been doing anything lately, which gives my brain plenty of time to wander those dark recesses.

I thought i could blog about this stuff...but i guess i can't. I type these write-ups and feel the weight lifting off my shoulders. But then i go to publish it....nope, not happening.

I guess, sometimes, just writing is enough.

13 comments:

  1. i completely can relate to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Exactly writing isnt enough, its the sharing part that actually heals.
    I hope you feel better and things get clearer for you soon
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you could see how many posts i've written and not posted". Join the club. those drafts mock me unceasingly!

    Enjoy the therapy writing gives you my love. and if you don't wanna share, don't.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I get the feeling..if you don't feel comfortable sharing,plz don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the opposite, wondering what the next steps are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happens to me sometimes too.Yeah,i know you and your...by now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree. If i put half the things i write up, y'all will be staging an intervention for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea...may be sometimes, sometimes...writing is just enough for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writing helps...Things become clearer when they are written out before you. become cbut things that are to heavy (emotional/ controversial) I keep off my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i feel u...there are enuff times i want to rant on my blog but writing it out without publishing is sometimes enuff

    how are u?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too