Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How i met your mother

If not for Issa Rae, i would rename this blog Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl. smh. How do you get tricked into meeting someone's parents??? It would help me greatly if someone out there would reassure me that I am not the only person that this type of stuff happens to. #ThanksInAdvance

Anywho, so yes i was tricked into meeting someone's parents. It was ridiculously awkward. I had no idea it was happening until we were already in the car and on the highway. Had we still been on the surface streets, i might have attempted a tuck-and-roll into traffic and walked back to my car. To make matters even worse, it was a long car ride. Like an hour. So for an hour i sat in the car sweating and fidgeting and checking my face in my compact. And the culprit in the matter had the nerve to ask why i was so freaking quiet. To which i couldn't help but respond with how could you do this to me?!? lol

In retrospect, it wasn't that bad. The siblings were cool (yes i was tricked into meeting them too). Dad was so cute with his *insert ethnicity* accent. He was so funny too, he had me rollin. Mom on the other hand...she was a tough one to crack. I honestly get the feeling that she may have been under the impression that i was a scallywag- mostly because one of the other siblings had a lady of um questionable character there. But after a little while she warmed up to me ^_^




Because i know some of you, i must add this disclaimer: NO! You know exactly what i mean by that too

15 comments:

  1. Considering you've answered a question that wasn't asked with 'NO', perhaps in the interest of 'carrying us all along', you could add the question (even if in size 6 font).. :p

    Interesting concept this though - tricking someone into meeting the parents, at least it sounds like it worked out quite well.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, u know there are some ppl who read this blog that are clocking my biological clock even closer than I am ant at any hint of flirtation show no hesitation at pushing me on the train tracks. I just wanted to let those ppl no to not even start because its not that kind of party lol.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahahaha... If it wouldn't backfire, i would have tried that since.
    NO to what exactly? Even size 4 font will do in this case :P
    I should break out of this anonymity thing o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now you at least have a surefire method that could work should u feel the need to do this in the future

      Delete
  3. Guys are the pits when they do that to you! I was tricked into meeting Ex-Man's mum. Ex-Man is the only child of a single mother so she was a tough customer and I didn't help matters by suddenly regressing to a smile-a-thon retard!. I couldn't say A word. Luckily, it was at some honors dinner so there were people around to cushion my idiocy and her death-ray stares! Phew!! Horrible day. Good for you, coming out of that situation a winner!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so much more difficult to have a backbone when u meet someone's mom. Even before you know whether or not they are one of "those" kinds of moms. I wonder why that is.

      Delete
  4. At least mines was over the phone. I could only imagine the horror. Take it easy mi dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, i've had that happen too, but when old boy tried to hand me the phone i ran lol

      Delete
  5. LOL..
    NOpe I think your the only one...I did have a close call once. *wipes sweat*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um..I was tricked into meeting my exes parents as well. His whole family actually and I had on a pair of the shortest shorts imaginable when it happened. I wanted to shoot him. SMH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, that was about the only upside, i was very decently dressed thank goodness. especially considering how damn hot it was that day, it could have easily been a disaster

      Delete
  7. Some funny stories here. Haven't experienced this, and don't know how I'd act in such a situation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the risk of being shot sounds like a cute idea really...unless i was dressed for the beach..you get my drift.

    Errr, but if nothing ish happening why was your strong self nervous? I woulda thought 'nothing to lose'
    *really running off before that shot goes off :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day Ginger, you are going to open your front door and be confronting with a flying slipper. On the bottom of the shoe it will say "if lost, please return to Lady Ngo"! lol.

      Abeg, i was just caught by surprise. Besides, who wants to deal with an elder that doesn't like them? Major pain in the hindparts.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too