Monday, May 28, 2012

Round One

Round one of my weekend class is done and I can somewhat see light at the end of the tunnel.

I gotta say i feel so weird being in a classroom again, and with a different cohort than im used to...kinda. All of spring semester i had no actual lectures. So the last time i saw most of the people in this class was in December (save for the 2 that worked with me). Not to mention that an entire cohort (the co-hort i started with no less) has graduated, leaving only me and my homegirl behind. But this is our semester! By God's grace we shall not fail. We will survive Retention, we will pass our comprehensive exam with flying colors and we will walk proudly across that stage in August in our Master's regalia. Amen


Meanwhile, in the land of funny conversations with my parents. In a fit of frustration, i told my parents that i was chucking the deuces at graduate school and that i was going to be a pole dancer. What was my mother's response: Ok, well as long as you stay on the pole and out of the "back room" go for it! (o_0) Forreal Mom??? So i turned to my dad and said, you co-sign this? All he did was shrug his shoulders and went back to what he was doing. SMH. So i've let them know henceforth that any failures i experience is their fault for encouraging me to buss it wide open for a goon and that should i actually decide to take them up on this offer, they have no one to blame but themselves.


In other news, for those of you that of the praying variety, i ask that you send prayers and good vibes to one of my sorors who experienced serious complications in the birth of her baby girl last week. Mommy is ok but Baby Sophie is still in the hospital. Gracias in advance.

14 comments:

  1. You could make the records book, the first pole dancer with Masters. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no need to envy me. i'm sure you are more than capable of earning a masters and/or becoming a pole dancer (or whatever the masculine equivalent is) as well

      Delete
    2. Nice post from a good looking girl. *Lady Ngo*

      Delete
    3. That will be male stripper or member of a male revue. Go for it son! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad u enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I'll like to see you on a pole, LOL...

    All the best to your friend and her baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smh, me on a pole?!? i'd like to see it too lol.

      Delete
  4. Lol good advice. I love your mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess your parents are used to your drama. Pole dance indeed. your mom deserves a hug for that answer.

    Rooting that you ace your exams.
    Praying that your sista's baby will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, because i kept bringing it up now she's convinced that i really do want to be a pole dancer (which isn't entirely false lol). But i told her, i would spare myself the embarassment of being boo'd off the stage and just finish my masters instead.

      Delete
  6. My mom would have scrabashed the pole-dancing-demon-thought out of you. Love your mum...and your dad. Be the best you can be...pole dancer, grad student, whatever. Lol

    P;S still laughing at 'it's their fault for encouraging me to buss it wide open for a goon' Ah...jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO...yeah my parents got jokes. I will work on being the best pole dancer i can be though lol. If not for the goons at the strip club, then for the husband who may or may not appear sooner or later :P

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too