So in my absence i've just been wrapping things up at work. Getting all the residents out, getting the RAs through training (which was the most hellish 2 weeks of my life- and i'm sure of theirs too)...and some other stuff that i won't mention bwahahahahahaha *thats my evil laugh if you can't tell* Now i'm working on getting the hell outta here. After which i will be preparing for my summer class, my comprehensive exam and graduation.
As much as i've bitched and complained about work...i really am going to miss it and (almost) everybody i've encountered. It was definitely an emotional 2 weeks of training knowing that the majority of those people i'll likely never see again. And for some reason all my RAs (and the RAs from other communities that i've met along the way) were so...i don't even know the word for it. Every day of training was met with a chorus of "no, why are you leaving?" "please don't leave us" "remember that day/night when..." and "remember when resident so and so did blankety blank and we had to blase-blah?!?" I guess its times like this, when you know you're not gonna be seeing someone for a long time (if ever), that makes it much easier to appreciate them and remember all the good times over the times when you wanted to stick your head in a pot of boiling hot water until the bubbles stopped *how morbid was that lol*
Some other developments:
|my niece and my god-daughter|
|baby bro and his prom date|
- My niece turned 6
- My baby brother went to the prom
- My LS accepted a position in TX making over 60k a year and I am so damn proud of her
- I found out that not only is there no way to get out of renting my cap, gown and hood for graduation- i can't even keep the hood AND they only give you 5 tickets to the ceremony. I had more than 5 people flying out for the ceremony, let alone my parents and siblings...come the eff on with that bs!
- I got 2 As and a B for spring semester when i was positive that i was gonna get 2 Cs and an A lol
- I got my DHRL cords for graduation. I honestly didn't think i was going to get them but...i did. Having a job does pay off lol. Im sure people are going to think they are for something special when they see me cross the stage with them on lol.
- One of my RAs actually bought me a going-away present. She's so sweet.
- I did have a lot of angry hostile things to say but i'm gonna be diplomatic and leave them for my diary instead.
- Madame Okeoghene and Uche tagged me with that 11 thingy-thingy and with the Leibester Award. I'll get to that soon. Thanks tho :)