Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The people i meet (2): People I Miss

I was taking one of my random trips down memory lane last night and there are just so many people that I don't keep up with like I should. I'm really bad about that. Like i'm seriously allergic to the phone. I hardly even call my own mother (not that i really have to since she only 30-45 minutes away- but still) so you know i rarely take the time to call my friends. Its awful, i know. I'm trying to change though. So here's a short list of people in life that i'm missing:

My Besties



My Besties...my sisters, the women that gave birth to my Godchildren. We have literally been through it all. Over 15 years of friendship. Its crazy. Its been forever and a day since we've been in the same place at the same time. We went from living across the street from each (and around the corner) to living across the country from each other (and across the state). *sad face* This pic was taken, i wanna say when were about 16 years old. Please do not let the innocent smiles fool you lol. Life was one humongous roller coaster ride with these women but i wouldn't have traded most (not all- there are definitely a few occasions i think we could have done without) of our experiences for the world.

My Special Pookie

My "Special" Pookie lol. I have no idea where this dude disappeared to but we were definitely hanging tough during my freshman year of college and well into my sophomore and junior year as well. I can't even really tell you how we met cuz i have absolutely no idea other than the fact that facebook (back when fb was only for college students) had something to do with it and the first time we ever actually hung out was for my 19th bday (which was the same day we took the pic above). Funny story about the pookie thing- i call everyone by a pet name. I am awful at calling people by their actual names- especially once i went Greek, too many people knew me and its crazy rude to keep tellin ppl over and over that u don't know who the hell they are so i adopted a policy of smile, wave and say "hey *pet name* how are you". Anywayz, so i used to call him (and everyone else) Pookie. And the day he came to my dorm for my bday party i went down to get the door for him and i saw another girl i knew and when she greeted me i replied "hey pookie, how are you". Now this pookie looked at me and said, "wtf, i thought i was your pookie?!? All this time i thought that name was special for me..." to which i replied with an extremely hearty laugh and then an apology. I told him from then on he would be my "special" pookie, and he has been. I've since been known (to him at least) as Mama Pookie or Mama Pookes lol. Man we had some good times. I luv that dude. I don't know where he is but i hope life is treating him well. (Interesting sidenote: i don't call anyone pookie anymore. i wonder why that is)

My Wifey

Iyawo mi! Nwunye'm! My #1 Lady! I actually just talked to her over the weekend and we have plans to meet up in the near future. But i miss her desperately. Its been almost a year since we've seen each other and even then, it was only for a few minutes. Its funny, i met her so many times before i actually knew who she was. Then bam, outta nowhere she became like one of my favorite people in the world! You know how you have someone that you can share anything with? That's my Toyin! We talk about everything- all the local gossip, life, love, drama, school, family...EVERYTHING. Not to mention how she held me down as my Vice President during my Presidential term in the African Students Association (in addition to forcing me to run for that position lol). Needless to say, i am crazy excited to see her soon :)

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm,you really should try and start calling.Phones don't bite,trust me.LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but they do bite! it has happened before!!!

      lol

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, I find calling people a huge task too, not that I do not want to talk but maybe trying to avoid awkward moments, I dunno! *sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK what it is either. Part of me thinks its just that i don't like wasting time. Like i honestly love when ppl call me but i hate it when they call just to say hey...and then we spend like 10 minutes listening to each other breathe lol. Somehow i always have a million and one things to talk about in person though

      Delete
  3. It is good to keep in touch with friends#NoteToSelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately i'm horrible at it lol

      Delete
  4. I don't give a f it people call me or not. Maybe because I find myself not doing that. I get where you are coming from though, those experiences help you measure how much you've grown and time had passed.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too