Thursday, March 22, 2012

I had a vision of love

Not really! I've just been testing out the camera on my phone.
Check the hang time!!!. Hair getting some length to it again :) i'm surprised considering i got my hair done at the beauty school by this nervous little white girl. I swear i thought i was gonna leave that place bald. She was so nervous, she was shaking. I could literally feel her hands shaking in my hair. SMH. I spent almost the entire time i was at her station telling her what she was supposed to be doing. And the instructor was no better, sadly. She knew the basics but still...Thankfully there was a woman of color there and she ended up doing most of the work. 
On my way to work the other day i saw someone in a hot air balloon...just cruising over campus...not a care in the world. And this was at like 8am mind you. I don't think i have the balls for that though. The last thing i need is go plummeting out of the sky in a wicker basket!
I was in the store looking for baby shower stuff (i have 2 baby showers to go to within a week of each other. niggaz need to stop procreating! lol) and i saw this. I have NEVER seen a card specifically for chicks with deadbeat baby daddys lol. Ok ok, not every single mama is the result of a dead beat daddy but it did catch my eye.
While i was in that same store, i saw this freakin Starbucks cup just sitting on the shelf. People are so gross. Now why couldn't this person just throw their shit in the trash?!? Speaking as someone who spent quite a few years in retail, it still pisses me off to no end when people leave their stuff all over the place, or put stuff where it doesn't belong. I haven't worked in a store since i was a teenager and i still can barely resist the urge to straighten up a rack of clothes when i pass it or fix a display if i notice somethings off.
 I came home the other day to find this pretty door dec on my apartment door. What can i say, the RAs love me lol. *their supervisors probably told them to do this, i'm sure they don't love me*
 I decided i should probably put some stuff on my wall (even though i'll only be here another month and a half) and what better than sorority stuff?!? Top left: My "Neophyte of the Year" award. Top right: My "Soror of the Year" Award. Bottom: A plaque my "baby ace" made me when she crossed.

 A clipboard one of my RAs made me...because she obsessed with her sorority and she knows i'm obsessed with my sorority lol. Can never have too much para around.
 I did learn however that my front facing camera sucks as you can tell from this blurry ass picture (and it doesn't have video capability. So i ask what is the point of even having it on there?!?)



14 comments:

  1. You look cute o...ha! you be correct Igbo geh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm,i love the first pix and your hair long oooooo.LOL

    I love hot air balloons o,though i've never really seen any.*covers face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. how do u love them if you've not seem them :P

      I do think they seem cool but just like my issues with flying, i take issue with the crazy ish that could happen in one of those things

      Delete
  3. is that you real hair? it's quite long #envy# :D

    yep! it annoys me also when people don't put things in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah thats all me, used to be quite a bit longer but i don't take care of it but it has still managed to stay very coarse, thick and healthy some how. If you really wanna get jealous you should see my sister's hair before she cut it...it was down to her waist almost yet still very thick full and healthy. I was jealous of her for forever.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. lol, don't be. i'm sure your own is beautiful and luxurious!

      Delete
  5. Now I want long hair, lol...you look cute in the pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you're cute with it short. you have the head shape for it. My head is flat as a pancake in the back... very "typical igbo headshape" so i've been told/teased lol

      Delete
  6. Gosh, you look 16 in that pix. Better be good to a camera that can reduce ya age!
    Yay! to long haired girls. I was admiring this chic's hair (just like yours) in church the other day. Had to stop myself from tapping her on the shouldr to ask 'is that real'. lol. envy pretending to be disbelief.
    SMH@ that card.
    Funny randoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, sweet 16? why thank you lol. When i was younger i used to get so mad when someone would ask if this was my real hair (and even moreso when they insisted i was lying when i said it was lol).

      Delete
  7. Love your long hair...it's kinda the same length with my sis..I would eat roasted oranges if that's what it would take me to gain some hair length...lol

    Like you, I get freakishly annoyed when I see things that are not in the right place... i'm kinda like 'Monk' in that regard without all the OCD shii...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, just take B vitamins!

      Funny thing about that is, i'm such a slob at home. But in my office and when i'm just generally out, i hate a mess and disorganization. I guess i only have OCD in public lol

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too