Friday, March 9, 2012

Getting right

Tonight (3.8.12) was a great night! It was everything i needed and more. Especially after having a rather sucky day that had me flipping through my bible (ok ok, i was on biblegateway.com) looking for scriptures to make me feel better about the $#!++y situation i was in. Romans 5:3 did it for me. And then i came on blogsville and whats the first thing i see? Taynement's post in which the first paragraph explicitly cites Romans 5:3! 
*When God is trying to tell you something...

Anywho, after i calmed myself down, i decided to go to a youth meeting a friend of mine invited me to at his house. I was a lil skeptical cuz its been a minute since i've been to an organized religious function (as opposed to just bible study, religious conversing, and the likes with friends) plus he's Coptic and i had no idea what their belief structure/guiding doctrines were other than they are Orthodox Christians. We had a great conversation about forgiveness (which i def needed to be part of given all the bs i've been harboring) and i met a lot of cool people in the process. Um...the prayer part definitely threw me off lol but its all good. Afterward we just hung around chatting and what have you. All in all, a pretty good night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fastforward to Friday March 9, 2012...


Today i shout loud and proud WAH-OOO-AAH to all my sorors near and far as we close out another Diamond Days and celebrate 15 years of unbreakable bonds of sisterhood in Lambda Psi Delta Sorority, Inc. To the 9 Black Diamonds that started it all...and to every beautiful, amazing, dazzling diamond diva that i have the privilege of calling my soror and my sister: When I Look At You...

Happy Founders Day Sorors and I can't wait to see you all at Nationals this summer :)

Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww I'm glad your day ended up being fab ladyngo. Happy anniversary to you guys and have a good weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knows how to console us when we feel low, only if we look in the right direction. Glad to hear you had a nice time last night. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing was you had a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a couple of hours before I came across your site.Well, this post would be of great help to anyone who would come to read this one. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. rolex replica watches

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too