Monday, March 5, 2012

Bad Bad Bad Bad Boy...


...You make me feel so good
-Ma$e, 1997





It seems like every time a topic comes up, it comes up in multiple conversations. So the topic of discussion last week was "bad boys/badt guys" Despite my infatuation with the likes of Method Man, DMX (pre-crack/cocaine addiction), and half the cast of HBO's The Wire...i'm not bout that life. I prefer my man to come with a college education (or some form of education/training past high school), a good (legal) job, and having spent 0 - minimal time behind bars*
I say minimal time behind bars because...well..sometimes $hit happens. Wrong place, wrong time...wrongfully accused of something, evil twin brother out to ruin your life...etc
However, after having said all that, i can never deny the outward appeal of a man in a fitted, a pair of timbs, and a flight jacket or a northface snorkel. (what can i say, deep down in my heart of hearts im just a ghetto girl from NY). A thug, in appearance, does things to me that would make half of you blush. But that's where it stops. In appearance. In practice, not so much. If you're throwin up signs, got a flag hangin from your pocket and make your living slangin rocks on the corner...you and me sir shall have no dealings together. I have no interest in living my life in fear, wondering when the boys might come kick the door in and repo all my $hit because it was bought with drug money, makin collect calls and weekend visits to the pen, or getting caught in the crossfire cuz you capped Lil D's cousin and now he wants revenge and he knows i go with you. Nuh-uh. not me.

So let us put our fears to rest. Lady Ngo is #TeamGoodGuy all day and tomorrow! As sexy as that thug appeal may be...grown man/real man swag is far more desired :)

But in my fantasies, any of these dudes will do (i'm sure the names will sound familiar to you if you've ever watched The Wire- which was an amazing show by the way and a constant reminder as to why i do not like Baltimore or the DMV area in general.)...
Chris Partlow aka Gbenga Akinnagbe
Stringer Bell aka Idris Elba
Michael Lee aka Tristan Wilds (now that he's of age lol)
Omar Little aka Michael K. Williams (for those of you that know who this is...don't you DARE judge me lol)
Bodie Broadus aka J D Williams
Wee-Bey Brice aka Hassan Johnson



no homo

16 comments:

  1. I feel You on this 1,there is a match for everybody though..some ladies like the adventure..popo running up the block,drive bys and stuff..anyway like the saying goes..1 man`s meat is another`s poison..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was gonna throw a lil something in there about those ladies that live that life but i took it out at the last second cuz that def can't be me. Been there done that bought the t-shirt

      Delete
  2. I don't see my name there.Hehehehehehe

    Anyway,there's a class of badt guy that'd do; University degree,street smart,has the respect of bad guys,can go gangster if the need arises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, because of this comment you have officially unofficially been added to the list ;) lol #LuckyYou

      Delete
  3. ℓ☺ℓ Yeah the badt guy appeals to me......in appearance alone. I don't want to have my heartrate higher than necessary all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i really think its the assertiveness and aggressiveness that does it.

      Delete
  4. Blessings.....
    I guess my age would show when I make this comment to say, "am so over that, not interesting in the fronting brother, not interesting in plopping into the role of therapist or mama, the appeal for me runs along the reall deep brother who knows what he's about, love the skin he's in and interests lies way beyond external validation to feel needed and purposeful.

    Stay blessed....
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Wannabe thugs" who are only acting a certain way to gain the acceptance of those around them don't appeal to me either. If anything they are worse than real thugs because they run about creating all sorts of extra mayhem because they feel they have something to prove. I guess i will go with 9ja-Great description and say its more a combination of book smart and street smart that causes me to salivate lol.

      Delete
  5. I am sooooo judging you! LMAO! :p
    But "The Wire" is one of my favorite shows! I love Stringer but always found Weebey, Chris, and Omar scary as heck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, i knew someone would. I have no trouble admitting that Omar is one ugly dude but theres just something about his character...idk. It has to be something to make me overlook the fact that he was scary looking and gay in the show and still find him appealing.

      But yeah, they are all scary people...none of whom i'd ever want to cross paths with in real life.

      Delete
  6. I'll watch the bad guys on TV but that's it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing it safe, eh? Can't say i blame you

      Delete
  7. I love looking too. But no touching. Bad boys have got too much baggage joo. I know...that's a sweeping statement dont sue me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a sweeping statement but i'm sure its pretty accurate lol

      Delete
  8. The badt guy infatuation *sighs*. All that "macho"ness can make one throw caution to the wind though. Its nice to know we are both on the winning team (#teamgoodguy) ;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think im as moved anymore. But definitely in my teen years...woosh, you couldn't tell me nothin!!! LOL. #TeamGoodGuy

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too