Monday, February 13, 2012

Oooh baby i like it raw

Not really.

I was reading a post over at NakedWithSocksOn that really got me to thinking...Basically the post was about a young man who just got married but didn't want to sleep with his wife without a condom on their wedding night. Personally, i'm on his side! I'd prefer to rock a condom for the rest of my natural life, spouse or no spouse. What surprised me is that i've never met a man with that same mentality lol.

He was concerned about knocking her up. Like i've always expressed, who the hell wants to spend the 1st year of their marriage being pregnant (or in his case dealing with a pregnant woman- those are my words btw) rather than simply enjoying your new life as husband and wife? I sure as hell don't. But i'd also like to throw in there that um...all the vows and trust in the world is not going to keep me from catchin any STDs/STIs you might pick up should your dick decide to become adventurous. Is it effed up to assume that your husby (or wifey, as the case may be) is cheating/going to cheat? Yeah, a lil. But that same trust is the reason why black women, married couples and older adults are the leading cases of new HIV (and probably other STD) infections.

Now the average person will disagree with me. I don't doubt that at all. But i like to make the analogy to the prenup because its pretty much the same thing. You don't think that we'll ever get a divorce and you dont think that i'll turn into a bitter gold-digging vindictive psycho bitch if we do...but you still wanna protect yourself...and i'm suppossed to be ok with that. So why is it such a far leap to say that yeah, i dont think you'll be a cheating bastard...but i wanna use condoms and protect myself just in case you are? Quite frankly, you can get that money you lost in a divorce back...i can't get rid of an STD (with a few exceptions).

I've been told a billion times over that i need to be more realistic about cheating...so this is me being realistic lol. Your thoughts?

Oh and happy new week too by the way :)

18 comments:

  1. Ah!!! 2 years with no kids for me. I have to "enjoy" my wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Thats what i'm saying...except substitute "wife" with "husband" lol

      Delete
  2. Why the hell would i wanna use a condom when i'm sleeping with my wife?! If the kid comes first or second year after marriage,fine.Pregnant women are even advised to have sex so that means i'd still do the do for some time before i'd have to lay off.Yeah,i like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly i'm talking about the cheating/disease sharing aspect not the ability to continue smashing ur wife during her pregnancy...the thought had not even crossed my mind in that regard because married life (as well as this post) is about more than just sex. All i can say is i imagine that life as "man and wife" is significantly different from life as "man, wife and baby" and I for one am interested in basking in that pre-baby life for as long as possible!

      But...do you, boo-boo!

      Delete
  3. If the guy is only scared of having kids, then the wife should be on a pill or something. Unless he was hiding something, like STD and didn't know how to tell the wife. No one enjoys sex with a condom more than without. It's like a guy kissing you with a polythene covering your mouth.

    And aren't couples supposed to undergo all those tests including pre-nupt before getting married.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the end of the day it is a matter of choice. Some men don't like rubbers, some women don't while it is a must for some. It all depends on you and your spouse. She has preferences, so do you. This is regardless of diseases and children.
      Me I want to have a wife before I have the mother of my kids and I do not want my wife taking drugs, so it is rubbers for me, unless she thinks differently and wants the kids earlier.

      Na only person sabi where shoe dey pain am o.

      Delete
    2. I like to be kissed with a bit of polythene around the mouth. What? Doesn't everybody?

      Delete
    3. @SingleNigerian- yo me and you are sooooo on the same page today, especially about the not taking drugs part. Maybe i will have to steal u from your blog wifey lol

      @Nwunye- silly goose lol

      @ade- well i'm not looking it at this from a man's perspective, though the pregnancy aspect is an issue, i'm moreso talking about the disease aspect...diseases that can be picked up from cheating, not necesarily ones that (s)he came into the marriage already having. And no you don't have to get tested before you get married. Thats something that you should do but not a requirement, at least not everywhere.

      Delete
  4. See ehn,I don't want belle first year or even half of 2nd year,infact 3rd sef....children will come abeg,them no dey hide and about STDs..if my hubby go carry something somewhere...Honey...I will not fuck you again,Let someone that deserves me clean and free come along. YES TO CONDOM and PILLS sef...Ok,I'm joking about that last bit oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, i feel you. Personally i'm a lil averse to birth control (other than condoms) because...well why mess with chemicals and hormones when i could just as easily use a condom? Cheaper and far more effective with minimal side effects.

      Delete
    2. Its complicated Y'all,i think the cheating part goes both ways so if imma rock condom,its to protect myself but the reality of it all is' LOVE' is gonna make you forget it all... :)

      Delete
  5. But aren't tests conducted before vows are said?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think its a requirement in most places. Either way, i'm not talking about what you came into the marriage with, i'm talking about any diseases one might pick up from extramarital affairs. If we got married and I knew you had XYZ, then thats one thing but i'll be damned if i'm gonna catch something because you were out creeping...get what i mean?

      Delete
  6. Oh, i like the pre-nup comparison and frankly, i've never thought about d condom-for-ever-and-ever thing but i totally get your point. I'm guessing not many guys will agree tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...i honestly hadn't really thought about it either until the first time i got cheated on lol. Ish like that really opens your eyes.

      Delete
  7. The title of your post had me laughing. You're a trip, something like a comedian. Lol.

    Hmm. I'd rather wear a condom for the rest of my life. I mean, you just never really know and AIDS is such a terrible way to leave this world.

    So, yes, staying strapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i had the post written first and then the title just came to me. Channeling my inner ODB (you know, that Shimmy Shimmy Ya song) i guess.

      Thats exactly what i'm saying. As rampant as cheating is these days, it really doesn't make sense to go raw...married or not. Vows haven't stopped too many people from cheating so why take the risk...other than the fact that the sensation is just sooooooo much better....don't ask me how i know lol.

      Delete
  8. Living a condom-ful marriage is a big consideration for me cause I am leery of drugs yet i want only 3 kids.
    The STD fear part is a lesser consideration unless I see signs which indicate otherwise. I'd probably just perform a 'bobbit' to end all liaisons. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too