Monday, February 6, 2012

Now Watch Me Do My Azonto

My weekend was AWESOME. I got to reconnect with my a lot of my peeps..some of whom i haven't seen in God only knows how long. The Miss Africa Pageant was nice. Congrats to Miss Ghana (i don't remember her name *covers face*) for taking home the crown...and Miss Sierra Leone for doing an amazing job as well.

I came to Tampa completely unprepared. As in, i didn't pack any clothes (other than pjs, normal street clothes and of course the sexy underthings *wink*) and i ran out of the house without my heels. So you know what that means...SHOPPING! LOL. I didnt get anything special. Just a cute little red and black top, some black skinny jeans...and the black shoes i showed you guys the other day!!! I was trying to get the red pumps too but they only had them in black, gray, and blue. *sad face* My bestie got the pumps in black. I honestly think those are her 1st pair of high heels *don't ask*

Being in Tampa, i've realized something very important about myself: I'm a F*CKING FLIRT! Like damn. Put a sexy person within 3 feet and i must say something lol. And for the record: Ghanaians...whew  #FinePassAnything *secretly hoping none of them know about my blog* I really do have a lot of sexy guy friends...i wonder if thats why i'm always in such a frenzy to get back over there #Hmmm

Now on to the party...I had FUN. Would've had more fun if there were actual adults there though lol. All them rugrats runnin around...smh. Clearly i'm getting old. I told some of them the next time they wanna throw a party, they need to put age 23+ on the invitation. For heavens sake. But anyway, like i said, i had fun. By Sunday i didn't even have any voice anymore. You should have seen me and my bootleg azonto lol. And i didn't even drink...except a sip here and sip there from other people's drinks (i'm so cheap). But that also taught me another valuable lesson: make sure you know exactly what you're drinking before you drink it. One drink i stole a sip from was a cup full of straight spiced rum...i thought it was rum and coke so i took a big gulp...HUGE MISTAKE. My throat was on fire for a good 10 minutes.

All in all, a VERY good weekend. I hope you all had great weekends too and are off to a great start to a new week :)

I guess i should say congrats to the NY Giants for winning the superbowl (since i'm a new yorker and all) and congrats to Ghana for winning in their match against Tunisia (since i'm overly enamored with Ghanaians this weekend lol)

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pictures ke? I didn't say anything about pictures! I have some from the pageant that i'll probably put up on fb but not of any partying

      Delete
  2. LOL @ rugrats..haba Lady Ngo..Sounds like u had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very nice time. Yeahh I want to see pictures!!
    And on Saturday I tried doing the azonto dance, Lmao!! hahahaha I looked like I had epilepsy mehn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO...yeah, i think i was doin it, but Lord only knows what i really looked like lol.

      Delete
  4. Passing by feeling G, move y'all! Ghanaian in the building ;-) i really wanna seee you do the azonto dance lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i'll show u after u show me...

      Delete
  5. You bought Coco??!! That is so fab! I can stll feel the excitement from the funfilled weekend in the post. Ghanaians are fabulous too. They sure know how to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm,now i get the 'title' of the post.Nice one,fun doesn't kill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious @ rugrats running around and few grown men. And, yes, it's always best to make sure you know the liquor before taking a big gulp. Lol. Your throat will continue to be on fire, doing as much. Lol.

    Congrats to the Giants on winning the Super Bowl. But I'm still screaming #WhoDat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well in my own defense, i did ask but the person just handed me the cup lol.

      Delete
  8. I'm deadass cheesing like Mozzarella right now!!! You had a blast and I'm so jealous of the pumps!!!!!! Ahhhhh. Anyway, I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO @cheesing like mozzarella lol. yeah this was the first time i've gone out (aside from my vacay) since...i honestly can't even remember! I owed it to myself to have a good time

      Delete
  9. Charley! Ghanians are your thing huh? We shall send you packing from ala igbo o. No akwaaba :)

    Glad to know you had a good Tampa. Meanwhile i was expecting a video of you dancing. still waiting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaawww, thats not nice Ginger. There's plenty of room in my heart for Ghanaians and ndi Igbo as well lol.

      As per the video...keep waiting o! it might happen one day tho lol.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts too