Thursday, February 2, 2012

Its February

Its a new month...

its a leap year which means this is a "month" that only happens once every 4 years

Its Black History Month...the one time of the year American schools (and society by and large) pretend that they care about the achievements of African Americans...which usually only includes a blurb about MLK, a lil something-something about Rosa Parks, some stuff about George Washington Carver, a snippet about Malcolm X and if you're lucky a honorable mention to Madame CJ Walker. At least thats what it was like when i was in K-12

Its February, that unanimously dubbed "month of love"

only 2 weeks to valentine's day. there's a buttload of you that asked for v-day cards but didn't email me...so yeah if you still want one.
Speaking of which, a certain someone owes me BIG TIME for sending him a card. Lord knows i didn't expect it to cost me that much just to put ordinary card in the mail. Damn. Because of that unforeseen expense, i wasn't able to buy these shoes i was drooling over in the shoe store today:


And the red one looked so damn sexy and perfect on my foot....smh. See my love for you, e don dey pass my shoe obsession. Funny story tho, went i went to have the guy at the post office put my letter in the mail he looked at the address then looked at me, cocked his eyebrow and said "do you know this person?" LOL, no be 419 issue sir, just a simple Vals Day card.

Anyway I don't have a valentine this year. But i guess it is inconsequential since my supervisor just told us Tuesday night that he's not going to cancel our staff meeting on the 14th. #rude LOL

Since this is the month of love and we've all been chatting about marriage and divorce and settling and blah blah blah, i thought i'd share this cute vid clip i saw this morning :)





Last thing- i went to throw my trash out today (which means i had to take it out to the dumpster outside) and there was a squirrel messing around in there. When i went to throw my trash bag in, the squirrel popped out and i nearly shit myself lol. That thing scared me so bad. But im a G though, i didn't scream. I just gasped and stumbled a lil and i think my heart skipped a couple of beats but i was cool.

28 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahaha @ u and the squirrel. I can just see ur face as u 'gasped and stumbled a lil and i think my heart skipped a couple of beats'.
    hahahahahaha. If na for here that squirrel misbehave like that, he would have gotten the chase of his life cos na bush meat (straight up) for dey my mind!

    Abeg, how u intend to wear that black show when u eventually get am? Them go sell u ladder join? (just asking)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the shoe is not that high. it looks worse than it really is

      Delete
  2. Hi Lady, I love ur write-up, but can I have the black shoe? hope u have lots of good stuff for me this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U wan come take my black shoe?!? not cool lol. I guess i'll have to get it in a diff color then. thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm,that person must be very special to beat your obsession for shoe and get a card.I'm sure the person would really appreciate the card.You really are a darling though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, the person is alright, he ain't all that lol
      thanks 4 the compliment tho ♥

      Delete
  4. lovely blog u have here,kip in touch and follow me,i will follow right back....cheers

    sazistopsecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. WIll go check out ur blog too :)

      Delete
  5. Hiya!!!!
    I want that red shoe! Dont worry you can have the black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. you can't have it o. I really do think i'm gonna go back and get it. Its just too nice for me to pass up.

      Delete
  6. That red pump is too sweet. Don't miss it o.

    Did I send you an email, cos I want a card.

    As for the oldest couple, that just encourages me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am i got ur email. I really REALLY am contemplating picking up those shoes tomorrow. Hopefully they are still there.

      Delete
  7. Omgoodness. The black shoe I hereby name Coco. Coco is sooooo lovely, me likey.... perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those black shoes are damn sexy! I love them for me. Don't mind the squirrel...would have acted worse though...lol...



    www.emiliajune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, i just didn't see him coming. i'm used to crazy squirrels but that one just jumped up outta nowhere

      Delete
  9. lmfao at the squirrel. I could only imagine.
    p.s. if my ecard can come with the shoes, specifically the black ones, I would not mind. AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOndering Who this person might be..the first shoe reminds me of the Boots of Hermes in GOD OF WAR III..please do a research before sending your hitman after me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep wondering...

      Mani googled Hermes GOWIII and i dont see the resemblance. But u don't have to worry about the hitmen just yet. I save them for major offences. But dissin any footwear i fancy is strike 1 lol

      Delete
  11. I haven't emailed you, I keep procrastinating. I'd do that immediately.
    OMD the black shoeeeeeeeee, Lord save me Baby Jesus. *sign of d cross*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got ur email today. can't guarantee the car will reach you by vday, but i'll try lol

      Delete
  12. Wholeheartedly agreed. America, at large, hardly cares for the life and death achievements of black people, on a whole. They only pretend. And gave us the shortest month of the year to keep the natives from becoming restless.

    Sometimes I doubt if we even care, beyond the first couple days of February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unless you're actively doing something for BHM, most people don't care one way or the other. I know i don't have any real feelings about it other than to wish that our history was incorporated in world as it SHOULD be.
      But i do like what you've been doing on your blog thus far :)

      Delete
  13. Lady Ngo, what am I going to do with that great sense of humor of yours? Lol. You got jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what did i do/say *innocent face and big anime eyes*

      Delete
  14. dem black shoes look lethal.. wait is that the Coco (Dbanj pun intended)..hmm kill em :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too