Wednesday, February 1, 2012

bleep bleep mutha-bleep


I don't understand how people can cuss at their parents. I was walking back to the parking garage from my office today and this girl was walking next to me having a very animated phone conversation. I assumed she was talking to a friend or something but then i heard "What the hell Mom, i have until the 11th to get it done. Its not even february yet" My eyebrows shot up because i remember the 1st time i said hell in front of my mother (definitely not to her) her head snapped around so quick i thought she was going to break her neck lol. But anywayz, i shrugged it off and kept walking.

Not 2 seconds later i hear the girl say "Well what the fuck is the problem then" My jaw nearly hit the floor. I can't eve BEGIN to imagine the hell fire i would face if i dropped the f-bomb to my mother. I can't even say 'damn' in front of that woman without getting threatened to receive a beating.

I do remember one time i said the f-word to my mom. Totally by accident mind you. We were on the phone and i was going through something really dramatic (like seriously dramatic) and she was being a mommy and comforting me and letting me air my grievances and i remember in my angst and between tears and sobs i said something like "i don't know what the fuck they want me to do" I remember mommy tell me something comforting and to call her back later or something. I walked up the stairs to my apartment, laid down on my bed...then immediately bolted upright and said "OH MY GOD did i just say "fuck" to mother?!?" and was literally in a hysterical panic for the next like 2 days lol.

My point is, it amazes and perplexes me whenever i hear people cuss at their parents. Cuz the thought never crossed my mind...ok i'm lying, the thought has definitely crossed my mind lol! But i would never have the gall to do such a thing forreal. Even in my teenage angst when i wanted nothing more than to be 1000000 miles away from my mother, i never once cussed at her or even thought about actually doing it. I enjoy being alive too much!

Interesting (or not so interesting) side notes:

  • My deodorant smells amazing!
  • I have an overabundance of brownies in my house now thanks to the peer pressure from #OOMF
  • There is something so off-putting about seeing a man and a woman in a car together and the woman is driving.
 A pearl of wisdom from twitter:  might seem emotionally detached at times, but they love you a lot more than you think.(Yes i'm a Sagittarius...and yes i cosign this statement)

18 comments:

  1. Ahah... A fellow Sagittarius here. As for people swearing at their folks all I will say is this.
    "The fear of the back-hand slap is the beginning of wisdom" Mhmmm *nodding wisely*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly!
      But i just don't understand why that level of respect isn't there tho. Fear of the impending ass-whooping or not, how do you feel that's an appropriate way to talk to your parents?!?

      Delete
  2. When you use the F word for my mum,you decide how you wanna be killed. Cut Up or Beat Up,even in my gangster dayz i NEVER tried that.,guess it has to do with up bringing..erm OKAY to the deodorant part and mmmmmmmhhh to the brownies part lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what "gangster dayz"???? lol

      Yeah, the brownie obsession...ALL YOUR FAULT! So much money i wasted...but they are delicious though lol.

      Delete
  3. LOOOL. the kind of ancestral slap that i would receive from my parents if i say F without even completing the UCK, would probably render me deaf. i find it totally mannerless


    Ms Infamous
    http://bitemylowerlips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO @ ancestral slap. Yeah, its crazy. I wonder how the parents feel about that though.

      Delete
  4. F word ke?Alu melu! U have already said it all..nothing else to be said

    I actually think seeing a woman drive while the man is a passenger can be cute sometimes .....operative word being SOMETIMES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, idk, i guess because i assume a lot of times the woman is driving because the dude is a bum without his own wheels or without a license. But i'm sure that's not always the case. Blame my ghetto surroundings during my formative years lol.

      Delete
  5. Man, I feel you.

    If my sister or I had cursed our mother while growing up, she would've became gangster. Then, afterward, call her brothers and they would've became even more gangster.

    Cursing your parents is a no-no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LadyNgo, I probably could've figured you were a Sag. as a Scorpio I can pretty much tell when I've come across a Sagittarius woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you tell lol

      If i had to guess, i would've said u were a Scorpio as well.

      Delete
  7. I think if your parents are strict like mine, you imbibe so much respect it's hard to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inclined to agree with DIDI about it really being about upbringing. If a child (regardless of age) regularly cusses at the parent i gotta believe its cause they are accepting of that behavior. I know my parents sure aren't though. They see it as beyond disrespectful.

      Delete
  8. I am trying to comprehend saying the 'F' word to my mother and I can feel my brain slowly shutting dooooowwwncbfdu[eu[fhuhqwevjbasn n kmdfklsnljvnjasbcabnx cvlbszj mvz djgnjsodhbj vsnbahdugaufdhkn lmd mmmclm v......

    Sorry, I must have dozed off. What were we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time I cursed around my mother she almost poured hot pepper soup on me. Totally by accident. Manner of reflex action.

    I just bought a new deodorant too and it smells lovely (TMI? sorry couldn't resist)
    I want some brownies :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well i have plenty (as in way too many) brownies...come over and help yourself lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. My friend drives when hubby has had a lil too much to drink or he is just plain tired...i can understand where you're coming from though.

    Curse entered my vocab quite quite late. They hide when i am around family...or i'll be getting slaps from mom, dad and 6 irate elder siblings.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too