Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Love Letters

It has been a crazy stressful week and its only Wednesday morning (really I started writing this Tuesday afternoon after my supervisor left but ssshhhh...don't tell nobody!)...as in, i've been inches away from choking the life out of so many people. And its only going to get crazier with the semester break coming and my residents moving out and all that jazz. No bueno. But anyway, you all didn't come here to read about my problems (or maybe you did, who knows) so on with the point of the post

The post actually isn't really about love or love letters...well it is, but not in the way i'm sure you all were expecting. So let me just get on with it instead of stalling like i've been doing lol.

We've all had that set of friends...a boy and a girl...that we've either assumed were "together" or felt like they ought to be. Most often we're met with the "No, we're just friends", "He/She is like my brother/sister to me", or "Damn, can't i have friends anymore?!? Why we gotta be dating?" And you probably roll your eyes and say whatever, you guys would be perfect for each other or something to that effect.

But there is a scenario that's even more perplexing. Have any of you ever had a set of friends (or maybe just one the two people) say "yeah, he/she is cool people but i know way too much about them to ever date them"? (o_0) That crap never made sense to me. Wouldn't you want to know the inner workings of your boo-thang's mind?

Well, ladies and gents I am here today to tell you- it definitely makes sense now. So I have this friend. Granted, when the friendship began...there definitely was some *tension* there (i don't have to spell it out, do i?) but even through the tension we got to know one another and dude is awesome all the way around. I could def see myself catchin major feelings. But um in that "getting to know you" time, we shared a lot of information that maaaaaaaaaaybe i coulda done with out. Don't get me wrong, i love the fact that we have that open comunicacion but damn if it didn't put a damper on the feelings. That's still my dude and all, but yeah...i doubt highly that you + me will ever = us!

13 comments:

  1. LMAO...did u just write "communicacion"?!! Spanish is definitely getting to u....
    on your love matters, never say never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it is better that saying..."We can't date because I love her/him but I'm not IN love with her/him".
    What does that mean anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Over sharing could kill the likelyhood of a relationship before it even starts.... if im trying to make a girl not like me, all i have to do is tell her how much of a mess i really am. it works sometimes, sometimes she is a bigger mess. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @HoneyDame: yes i did! lol. oya, there's way more to the reason why never is just never lol. But i can't give u guys all my secrets lol

    @Ade Moss's Son: I love you but i'm not in love with you means i care about you, your feelings, blah blah blah but i don't have romantic feelings for you. At least, thats my interpretation.

    @lovelife4sale: LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there I was expecting some love letters :)

    To the topic, I think it's better to start slowly than dump all info at the beginning of a friendship or romance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww and I was expecting some love letters o. Maybe some old ones you received :). I agree with Myne that it is better not share stuff gradually at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol..I was expecting a letter lady ngo..you better post post something late..jk

    LOL at u + me= no us..hehe Yea the too much info sharing just i dunno, especially if you do bad and you keep doing and then come ask me out..my eyes will roll oh...infact let me go write my confessions sef, u just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Myne & Okeoghene: lol sorry, maybe next time. But ur right though, people should at least wait until the feelings are caught b4 sharing all their secrets. the more feelings there are, the less likely the person will be to run away lol

    @Unveilinggold: lol, i'll go digging in the crates for one. Lord knows its been a century and a half since i've gotten a love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If its about what he's done in the past..well, its the past isnt it? Unless he is a reformed serial killer/dater or has been hexed by a witch..lol

    I like having info. then i proceed to delete the ones which dont matter anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ginger: the past is almost never the past. all sorts of skeletons and boogie-monsters can come popping up outta what we think is a closed and locked closet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this post! And looking forward to the love letters ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a nice post thanks so much congratulation

    ReplyDelete
  13. To much of =this news thanks alot

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too