Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Musts Part II

Timeliness
I flat out refuse to entertain anyone's time issues (unless they are my own lol). I am too evil for such and i guarantee you that those chicks on Bridezilla will have NOTHING on me if we are not getting everything done within a reasonable time frame.




Organization
I am a planner, by nature. I've always said that if i liked human beings more, i would be a event/wedding planner. But people are annoying, unreliable, and a host of other not-so-nice adjectives. But for my big day (and yes it will be BIG), there needs to be a concrete game plan. I have done smaller scale event planning for years so i know that hardly ever do things go 100% according to plan...but organized chaos is better than just letting the ish hit the fan.




Drunk and Disorderly Conduct
I genuinely want everyone at my wedding to have a good time. But there's a limit. Seeing as how i know way too many drunk fools who not only can't hold their liquor, but insist on getting fucked up  drunk at every possible occasion, i have no intention of having an open bar. I'm even considering doing some body searches. I've seen folks sneaking in flasks into the reception. Nah boo boo, that will not fly with me. I already have an extremely low tolerance for drunken shenanigans, i'm sure i'm not gonna wanna entertain anyone's drunken antics at my wedding



Uninvited Guests
If you were not invited then you need to stay your arse at home! Its difficult enough making the necessary cuts to the guestlist and then having to pay for/accommodate all those people without adding unexpected guests to the mix. Along the same lines, just because you are invited does not mean your +1 can become +10. Especially if ya'll aren't bringing gifts. I'm just saying!





Disclaimer: Don't ask me why i've started this lil mini-series. As far as I know there are no wedding bells anywhere in my near future so I have no clue why this junk is on my mind. Part III (which i'll probably post friday) will be the last of this topic.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for pre-empting my question with your disclaimer at the bottom, lol.
    Is the uninvited guest thing a problem in the States? In Nigeria, you invite 150 and plan for 350. crazy. If you want to stick to your invited guest list, you should be ready to make enemies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeliness, well, ders somthing called african time tho but dnt worry, i'l just be fashionably late...so u must invite me o. no bouncer kitten
    BTW, I just gave you the versatile blogger award in my latest post. Check it out and please pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just passed the "One Lovely Blog Award" on to you. Please check my blog for more details. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha Drunkenness isn't cool at all so it's ok to do the body search.Hey,i just passed the versatile blog award to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So u wont entertain any 'Mo gbo mo ya' at your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your disclaimer answered the question I wanted to ask. Anyways it is a good thing you are thinking about this sha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ginger- not as big of an issue as it is in Naija. I think its just because we don't have that "it takes a village" type of communal mentality.

    @Toinlicious- oh, how i loathe african time/cp-time. I don't do that at all. People that know me, know better than to do that nonsense. I can be very scary sometimes lol

    @deolascope- thanks luv. And no lol, no invite = no entry! Unless they are carrying a nice gift or planing to spray plenty money, then we can make arrangements lol

    @9ja-Great- man, the stories i could tell you about these drunk ppl i call my friends. Full body searches will definitely be in effect lol

    @Okeoghene- Too many ppl around me gettin married and starting families. Na by force that i think about these things now a days

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too