Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lately

Hmm, i don't like going more than a day or two without posting something...anything really. But it has become a whooooooooole lot easier not to post than to find the motivation to actually write something talk less of something worthwhile and not just random jibber-jabber. But since threats have been made if i decide to desert blogging (even though i don't think they count as threats anymore if i actually want to cash in on them), i'm here.

So, im sure i mentioned it before but i got a job *yay...streamers...balloons...confetti* I am a graduate assistant in the department of housing and residential life at my university. So basically i live on campus, but we'll get to that in a moment. As a GA, I work in the office of one of the on-campus residential communities supervising the resident assistants, helping out with some of the committees, assisting with programming, interviewing new GAs and RAs, sorting out conduct issues, etc etc. I have free room and board, they pay for my tuition (but not the fees...not that i'm complaining), give me health insurance (allegedly...the jury is still out on that one) and i make a double-digit number wage per hour...okay its only $10 and some change, but that's still a double digit number, no? LOL. And considering that the only thing i have to pay for is food and gas for my car, 10 an hour is pretty damn good! This is only my first week so I haven't been on-call or had to handle any conduct issues or anything yet. Can't wait for that to start happening (-__-).

Since i'm still new, i have to say the most interesting thing so far has been my living arrangements. First, the GA "apartment" is definitely an upgrade from traditional dorms lol. Its pretty simple. You walk in and you're in the kitchen. Fully stocked (sink, fridge, stove/oven) and even has a cute lil table and chairs. Was not expecting that lol. Then there's my bedroom/living space. It has a desk and chair, dresser, tv stand, my bed (which is hella comfy), a couch. Wasn't expecting that either. Then around the bend, there's my bathroom which is pretty damn big. Overall, im impressed. And the janitorial staff come and clean the bathroom and the kitchen every monday...well they mop the floor and replace the toilet paper when its running low, but thats better than nothing! Its also my incentive to keep my room clean lol. Don't want them coming in every week and thinking "damn, what kind of nasty slob lives in here"

Oh yes, did i mention i live with all boys?!? No, hmmm...well yes. My entire hall is full of boys (the other side of the building is where the girls reside). How did I end up living with the boys you ask? Beats me. Really, as a GA, especially a new hire in the middle of the semester, they pretty much stick you where ever there is an appropriate room. I guess this was the only place that had an open GA apartment. Some of my friends that are GAs at another university in the same town are living in the boy's halls/buildings too so i don't feel as bad lol. Every single person i've told this too has gone on a tirade about me being involved in all sorts of debauchery lol. Not happening at all folks.

So thats whats been going on...in a nutshell. Hope everyone else has been having a pleasant week :)

16 comments:

  1. wow.................so happy for yu.
    now lets just get a sharing ratio for the money.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you bought your pepper spray???
    No kidding here, these things get me on the edge sometimes.

    Congrats on the job, many busy days ahead i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job all the best...chizys-spyware.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Not a bad one at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the job. u seem like a lady who can hold her own so i say "go girl". but the pepper spray PET suggested wont b bad too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMao..PET Projects...haba! Doesnt sound like a too-bad idea sha, just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new job, the details sound pretty good. And maybe the debauchery is still coming? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. I'm so excited its not even funny lol.

    Re the pepper spray- yeah, i should probably get on that.

    re the debauchery- these are freshman boys. There will no debauchery lol. not with any of them at least

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol.... that sounds pretty Exciting.... i can imagine if i got your job and the roles were reversed, and i was in a dorm full of Girls.... one thing i cant promise is that i would be good, afterall, im assuming everyone in the dorm are of age and consenting adults.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new job. You sound really excited. I'm excited for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Dear..and living with boys is no biggie coz last time i checked,lady Ngo was a thug too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @lovelife4sale: LOL, well its a freshman dorm so there are plenty of ppl that are underage. I don't want to have to report u to the authorities boo!

    @9ja-Great: thanx luv

    @Hazel: i AM excited lol. thanks

    @DIDI: lol, yeah im a certified Gangsta. thanks boo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we've known each other long enough. It's time for you to invite me to stay ...with all those boys...ahem! I mean you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My week has been so hectic. Congrats on your job when would you buy us drinks, lool. That's the first thing a Nigerian would ask for when you talk about a new job.
    You don't even have to buy the pepper spray, you can make it in your kitchen, buy a spray bottle from a dollar store, blend your scotch bonnet pepper and pour it inside, lmao, the boy would go blind I swear. And no, I'm not this bad. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. @igbomarriage: lol, you're welcome anytime but i will not be bailing you out of jail for looking at these young men.

    @coy~introvert: hahaha, drinks on me when the 1st pay check comes. i can just imagine walking around with a big old spray bottle making threats lol.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too