Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Giving Bad Advice

I hate how i get sucked into movies/tv sometimes.

Some years back, i was watching one nollywood/ghanaian film called Love Is Wicked (a very good movie actually) with Van Vicker, Stephanie Okereke, and Nadia Buari. The main gist of the story (yes spoiler alert of you actually plan on going and watching it) was Ifeoma (Okereke) meets this guy (Vicker) who is pretending to be in love with her. During the beginning of the story, the two go out on a date, have a good time, and go back to Ifeoma's place for a night cap. The whole time i was rooting for the guy (probably because he is a fine boy lol). At one point she is thinking to herself should she do it or shouldn't she and i was practically yelling at the screen "YES GIRL OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!" lol.
Eventually, she ends up pregnant by the guy and he pretends to be cool with it but then leaves her a "dear john letter" stating that he had a wife and son back where he is from, at which point i almost cried lol. I felt like i had ruined this girl's life for like a good 15 minutes before i had to pull myself together since it was only a movie.

That feeling of awfulness/guilt, dear friends, is just one of the reasons why i don't give people advice :)

7 comments:

  1. Advice, especially relationship advice, is always tough. Which is why I only say "Do what you would tell someone else to do if they were in your situation." Well, I also tell my female friends, "Maybe I can help you out. Come over and let's talk about it over 7 or 8 drinks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....is not bad...just didnt work out as it might had done for the advisor,,,,,that is why, what works for mr x, might not go well for mr y becox of different personalities & the 'factors' involved....many atimes, some people don't come out completely clean about a situation..for the matter of the heart is very precarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!!! Actually, when i give advice i don't tell the person what to do. I act more like a sounding board and ask questions to let the person come to their own conclusions. I've found that's best

    Adiya
    Muse Origins
    Muse Origins (Creative Nigerian Features)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buhahaha!!!! lmao i was waiting to hear the advice you gave someone smh,well me i tend to keep things to myself a lot and mind my own business so if i should call you to talk to you about something then it probably is really serious

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had the time to sit down & get so interested in something. I feel like I'm always going to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like when I give advice I try to give it from an objective point of view . . .like what would Jesus do? lol I don't want to put my personal opinion because mine is a little flawed, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST LIKE CARRYMEL SAID,I TRY TO ASK MYSELF BEFORE I GIVE ANY ADVICE- "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO???"
    JUST BECAUSE IT DIDNT WORK OUT DOES NOT MAKE IT A BAD ADVICE IN ITS ENTIRETY!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too