People have a habit of writing the most ridiculous, foolish, stupid, *insert adjective here* crap on facebook sometimes. It's even worse when its your friend because you don't want to unfriend them but you really don't want to be bothered with their stupid status updates either. This, coincidentally is why i barely if ever use my twitter. All it is, is constant status updates. Sometimes entertaining and/or informative, depending on who you follow. But most times, a complete waste of time.
Anywho, so there are 5 types of people who just irk the hell out of me on facebook (probably a lot more, but these are the ones i can think of at the moment). They are:
- People that literally update their status every minute and a half. No one wants to know that you just walked in out of the rain...that you just took off your coat, that you just went to the bathroom. Honestly, keep it to yourself.
- People that are constantly changing their name. Do you know how irritating it is to be looking for someone on your friend list only to find that they've changed their name from Jennifer to "ChiChiChiloloAfricanChikitoNumba1" Really (o__O)
- People that are constantly changing their relationship status. On monday they are "in a relationship" and their status updates are all giddy. On tuesday, they are "married" and quoting shakespeare in their statuses. On wednesday, "it's complicated" and on thursday they're "single" and screaming men ain't s#it and singing every heartbreak song known to man. Completely annoying.
- Then there are the wannabe models. Every other day they have all these "photo shoots" and i'm bombarded with their "look at me im so pretty" photo albums. There is only so many times in my week that i need to see you standing on an empty road, smirk on your face, hand on your hip, and your legs crossed at the ankles making it look like you have to pee.
- Last but certainly not least, the people that are spreading spam/malware all over facebook. It's been a problem for a while but it really took off with the fake videos/pics of Osama Bin Laden. I figured that after that, people would get the hint that most of these outrageous links were really spam. But no. Every day theres a new video, or picture, or whatever else that people are clicking on. Honestly, if nothing else its just showing me which of my facebook friends are pervs. Because usually those videos are of a sexual nature and if your profile is now spreading them all over the newsfeeds, that just means your nasty @$$ clicked on it hoping to see some boobs (or whatever its a pic of)
But facebook isn't all bad. I find out about a lot of great events, get to catch up with friends and fam (im so allergic to the phone, its not even funny! And since people don't write letters anymore, facebook is all i have)
You can see some of my other "i hate people on facebook" rants here.
*My sincerest apologies to anyone who is offended by the use of the term "retard". I did not create the graphic!