Saturday, June 11, 2011

God is trying to tell you something


Probably one of my favorite (non-comedic) scenes in the movie. For those of you that are unfamiliar, this is from The Color Purple (a film adaptation of Alice Walker's novel starring Oprah Winfrey, Whoopi Goldberg, Danny Glover, Margaret Avery, and Akosua Busia, among others) which if you've never seen it, i HIGHLY encourage you to do so!


When God is trying to tell you something, He will surely get the point across. It is so true that God dwells everywhere. And by whatever means He needs to use to communicate with you, He will. Whether its through your pastor, through music, through tv, even through your own dreams and thoughts. If He has got something to tell you, He WILL tell you! To feel His power and his presence is so amazing, sometimes i can't do anything but cry.


I remember the first time i heard this song. I was in the car on my way to church with my mom. I really didn't feel like going to church that day but you know how it is when you're a kid...you don't really have any choice lol. At that time our church was like almost an hour's drive away so of course we had the radio on and this song came on and I felt so moved that Sunday. The song put me in the spirit and the sermon (which without a doubt i was meant to hear) made me feel so close to God. His name can never be praised enough!

3 comments:

  1. OOPS! can't watch as usual due s-l-o-w-w-w connection?...have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly!!! God speaks in so many different ways. I suppose the trick is to listen

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ibhade- hope u have (or rather, are having) a great week too :)

    @Adiya- Very true!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts too