Saturday, March 26, 2011

Midterms, Fights, Cute Babies and Racist Rants

So a couple of weeks ago I took my midterm exam in Theories of Student Development. I had carpal tunnel by the end of the exam. By the time i got to short paper #4 (cuz these things do not qualify as "essays") My hand felt like it was going to fall off, my brain felt like it was about to explode, and I had no idea what i was even writing about anymore much less if it would actually turn out to be coherent thoughts. Anywho, thursday I got my exam back...38/40! Talk about winning. So i have an A in the course so far :)


In a follow up to my Nonsense in the News post there is yet another tale of a fast food customer loosing their freaking mind. The Smoking Gun reports on a BK Brawler. A 31 year old mother of 4 on spring break (why the hell is this grown ass woman on spring break in the first place- and her children came with her no less) in Panama City FL was arrested for assaulting several Burger King employees because her order took 20 minutes to be given to her and because the employees were not "friendly" (really, how friendly can you be working at Burger King in the middle of a Spring Break party town). Some quotes from this lovely woman include:

  • “We tore the Burger King up, I don’t play no games.”
  •  “When I walked in they had no smiles on their faces. We weren’t treated fairly."
  • “If I knew what was gonna happen, I would’ve gone to Taco Bell.
Oh and did i mention that the only reason she was at BK in the first place was because she planned on gettin trashed and needed to "get something in her stomach". Thank you ma'am for setting our race back 400 years with your coonery!






Random- this is the cutest thing ever lol. Babies are so cute and fun...until they start screamin and poopin and all that jazz





So i don't know how many of you have heard about this "Asians in the Library" issue. But the jist of the story is some caucasian girl made a youtube vid talking about the asians students at her university (UCLA) and how they are always on the phone in the library and how rude that is and how their parents need to teach them manners and blah blah blah. Ok i will admit that i didn't pay too much attention to it at first but then ppl starting going all ape-s#it over it so i decided to watch and find out what she said.
Hmmm...maybe its just because as a black woman (an african woman at that) and i've heard waaaaaaaaaaaay worse comments about my own people (african-american, nigerian, and african alike) on a daily basis, that i don't really see what the big deal is. Yes it was stupid, and yes it is slightly offensive but really. Come on now. Like i said, i've heard much worse things said about black people (we're pimps, theives, murders, idiots, monkeys, etc), africans as a whole (we are stupid, all we do is kill each other, we live in huts, swing from trees, and roam the bush with our pet elephants and lions) and nigerians (419- need i say more). So i find it hard to feel bad here. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person lol.

2 comments:

Feel free to share your thoughts too