I have also been thinking about adding more enjoyment to my life. I have always been the mature one, the sense of reason, the one that picks up EVERYONE'S slack when i know something that needs to get done, isnt getting done. At this point i'm tired of being that person. I just want to get out and enjoy life. And sometimes i feel bad about that. Not that I don't think i deserve to have fun but like i said i've always been the responsible girl and while im out gallivanting there's other work that i could/should be doing.
Either way, I have decided that my 2011 will be a year of work AND fun, triumph and travel, and any other goofy euphemism that will accurately describe my thoughts. By the end of this year, I intend to:
- join at a professional society
- join at a social organization either on campus or in the community
- travel to at least 2 places
- i actually have both trips semi-planned but both might fall through because the dependent factors-1 a travel partner, the other a person i plan on visiting- are proving to be a bit of a hassle at the moment.
- Get a graduate assistantship in my program
- Crank that 3.5+ GPA
Yeah, its not a long list. This new perspective is just that, new! Give me a few months and I'm sure i'll be back with an updated post with more goals for the year.